Why some people shouldn't breed. (Vent)

Thread: Why some people shouldn't breed. (Vent)

DefaultWhy some people shouldn't breed. (Vent)

Last week while I was at the dog park I had heard about a family that lives just down the road that was going to give up their dogs. The woman that told me this said not to bring her name up because she doesn't get along with them. I went over there later on that day and they have a 2 year old male Weimeriner that is neutered, a two year old male yellow Lab that is intact, and a 5 month old female black Lab puppy. The reason they are getting rid of two of the three dogs is because they have three small children one being a preemie baby. They want to get rid of Buddy, the Weimeriner and Dixie, the black Lab puppy. The one thing they are doing right is they have all three dogs in an invisible fence. Once I got inside the boundaries all three dogs came up to me and wanted attention, all were very sweet. The owner said yes they wanted to find a home for them and they were going to keep Boomer the yellow Lab. I contacted Labs4Rescue and they said they would take Dixie. I contacted the Weimeriner rescue in Attica NY (it took me 30 seconds to find them on-line) and they wanted more information on Buddy. I had a transport arranged I had a foster to take Dixie. I went over with the surrender papers on Wednesday night and the woman answers the door with the preemie baby, "You haven't had a cold or anything recently have you?" I bite my tongue but I'm thinking, "What difference does it make, you've got at least one time bomb ticking in your house." (Dixie the black Lab puppy has NEVER BEEN TO THE VET!) I tell her that everything is set for Dixie's, transport and all she has to do is sign the surrender papers. She says, "Well can you give us a few days, my husband doesn't know what he wants to do?" I told her that all of these people are holding off on signing up for another transport, (myself included) waiting to see if Dixie is going or not and if she wasn't they were going to sign up for another transport. If I didn't leave the house with the surrender papers I was going to cancel the transport for this weekend." Still trying to be diplomatic I was beginning to understand why the neighbors hated this woman. I told her, "I have a lot of concerns because Dixie hasn't ever been to the vet." She said, "Oh we could take her, its not like we don't have the money, and my sister is a vet." : :'( "My other concern is that you have an intact male in the house and a puppy that is about to go into heat." She said, "I know", unconcerned, "We are going to have puppies, but that's why we got her in the first place was to breed her." :-[ ??? (Neither dog is of breeding stock.) I told her that if those mate, and they will any disease Dixie has she will pass onto the puppies, plus trying to breed a 6 month old pup is like trying to breed her ten year old daughter. The dog isn't equipped to carry a litter at that age and Mother Nature has a way of handling these mistakes. I didn't get through to her and I'll go over again in a week to see if any of it sank in, (I doubt it). I left there feeling so beaten. I feel so bad for their dogs.
    Olie

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Why some people shouldn't breed. (Vent)

>

labby is offline Senior Member

Good grief.

Laura

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Di
    Di is offline Senior Member

Thanks so much for trying to help the dog's, people can be such Idgit's!! Once again its why I like my dog better then I like most people! >

Rushpuppy is offline Senior Member

WTF is wrong with people. > > She has her head so far up her butt she can't see daylight. Is there any way of 'stealing' the pup and wiem? I know it's not a very ethical way but that poor little female deserves much better.

Not only shouldn't they breed, they shouldn't have been born. >

Dani is offline Senior Member

Yup....everyone in this world can handle intact dogs. :
    Dani, Rider & Rookie
    SHR Watson's Safari Rider, JH, WC, CL1-R, RA, CGC, TDI
    SHR Endeavor Put Me In Coach, RN, WC, CGC

Member Since 6/2003

georgie is offline Senior Member

Thanks for trying to help. Some people are idiots. >

Neska74 is offline Senior Member

> Makes me question how she takes care of her kids if she can't find any compasion for her dogs!

amazongold is offline Senior Member

I hope you are able to get that puppy away from those idjits. Please keep us updated.
    Jackie, Champ, and Buddy