Cinnamon is vey lucky to be alive (seriously)
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cinnamon is vey lucky to be alive (seriously)

DefaultCinnamon is vey lucky to be alive (seriously)

I still don't know whether to be happy, sad or so pissed at her that I want to kill her myself. It has been 6 hours and I am still shaking.

Cinnamon is lucky she wasn't killed multiple times by a cars last night.

We were coming back from a 45 minute run at the dog park. We had dropped Cierra and my nephew at their home and arrived back at our house. AS my FA was getting her out of the van she managed to pull just right on her leash and slip her collar off over her head. Now she has a small head and as a puppy could do this but I didn't know she could do it now. Her collar was not loose.

So off she runs and it is night time. I know when she gets loose her recall is ZERO. How she had the energy to run I do not know. She has no car fear and runs back and forth across the side street we live on. My dad who is 75 is off after her. I had stepped in a pile of dog crap as we were leaving the park so I had no shoes on and so I take off after her in the van when I learn what happen. To chase her bare foot is impossible because of the desert landscaping rocks. So back and forth she goes across the street and gets out on the main street through our neighborhood. She heads for the park where we walk and several cars stop as she wanders into the street. In the mean time I have called my SIL and yelled at her to bring Cierra, as she will run to her every time, so they hop in their truck with my BR driving my SIL in the back with Cierra and my nephew and his friend who is a track star at their school in the backseat ready to hop out and run her down if she doesn't come to Cierra.

She is within 200 feet of a major 4 lane road, that she never would have survived, when she turns around and starts back the other way. So at this point a SUV lays on it brakes so hard, I think I owe he guy a new set of tires from all the rubber he burned , but she still refuses to come to me and keeps going. Then I lost sight of her in the dark, my FA thinks she went down one street and sends my BR and family there. I look in the rear view mirror and see 3 cars stopped in the street behind me. I pick my FA up at this point as we cannot see her and we start going down a different side street looking as she wasn't where my FA thought she was. No one can find her she is completely gone and has no collar on (she is chipped). Finally I decide to drive by my house and there the SH*T is standing b the door waiting to be let in.

I drop my FA off and after she is safely in the house start driving around to find the others as I had ruined my cell phone by washing it (another story) last week when my purse fell in the washing machine and had not programmed in anyones cell phone # and they recently changed providers and got new phone numbers.

When I get home she is laying in the family room floor with my parents in their recliners and my dad looks like a crap as he was so scared. I grabbed her by the scruff of the neck and got in her face and BELLOWED at her. My mother says in my whole life she has never heard me yell so loud. She knew how mad I was and she knew exactly what she had done was wrong as I had told her bad girl several times when I got near her after she had refused to get in the van. Normally if I tell her bad girl she stops what she is doing but not this time.

She will be lucky to see the front side of this house EVER again. She can just get her exercise in the back yard. And when she has to leave for the vet or groomers she will be harnessed.

It is not like she hadn't had plenty of exercise yesterday. They had run at the dog park for 1 1/2 hours Friday night like I have never seen them run as it was finally cool here. She slept for 6 hours and I wake up to her jumping off the bed as Cierra is here by 7:15. They run and play bitey face until 9:30. I go shopping get home about noon and take her for a 2 mile walk. Cierra comes back at 4pm and stays for another hour and they are in and out the whole time running through the house and in the back yard neither one stops. At 6:30 (after the Diamondback's game) we went to the dog park. So it was not because she was bored she just got a wild hair up her A$$ and off she went.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Merlot_1 Guest

DefaultRe: Cinnamon is vey lucky to be alive (seriously)

Wow, quite an ordeal you all had Yes, Cinnamon is VERY lucky to be unharmed. I'm glad she is safe . Sorry you all had to go through a night like that.

Kate3jays is offline Senior Member

What a bad girl for scaring her family like that, thank goodness she survived her ordeal, and you too, i know how frightening it can be when they hare off paying no attention to what you are saying- at least she headed home and it all turned out fine in the end- i guess she has to earn her trust with you again now... :-\

"some days you are the dog, some days you are the tree!"
    Kate mom to Jed Jasmine and Joelly
    http://www.glosmerelabradors.co.uk/#

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Emma the Lab is offline Senior Member

What a terrible scare! Wow I'm so glad she is home again safe and sound!
    ~Veronica and Nikki~
    Sweet Emma, 16th of February 1996~26th of November 2010
    Always in my heart and soul. Together forever, my love....

Nikki 6 months

http://theblacklabrador.blogspot.com/

4yelloweyedogs is offline Senior Member

I'm so glad she's ok...... what a scare......... if I were in your shoes, I'd keep a martingale collar on her.

http://www.petsmart.com/search/index...%20collar&sr=1

Melissa
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.

http://theyelloweyedog.weebly.com/

Jefferson'n'Ted is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by 4yelloweyedogs
    I'm so glad she's ok...... what a scare......... if I were in your shoes, I'd keep a martingale collar on her.

http://www.petsmart.com/search/index...%20collar&sr=1

Melissa
    That is exactly what I was going to suggest. I have one of those for my wild man.
    “If I know every single phone call you’ve made, I’m able to determine every single person you’ve talked to; I can get a pattern about your life that is very, very intrusive. And the real question here, is what do they do with this information that they collect – that does not have anything to do with al-Qaeda? And we’re gonna trust the president and the vice president that they’re doing the right thing? Don’t count me in on that.”
    Joe Biden, 2006

labby is offline Senior Member

UGH how scary.

Laura

mollyrock is offline Senior Member

I would have been out of my mind scared..
    Thank goodness she is safe.

I can understand why you are still shaken. How frightening. I'm so glad Cinnamon made it home safely.

Buddysmom is offline Senior Member

I'm so glad you got her safetly. I know exactly how you felt. I had an Irish Setter just like that. I owe a couple people new tires, too.

Eiderdowns That's My Buddy
    CDX, RE, WC, CGC, TDInc.
    Monnie

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast