What do you think about these breeders?

Thread: What do you think about these breeders?

DefaultWhat do you think about these breeders?

www.dogs-puppies.co.uk

Hmmmmm? Just for future reference.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

EMA
    EMA is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: What do you think about these breeders?

"Experienced Breeders of Traditional Chunky Type Labradors with Exceptional Temperaments."

This statement on their front page would concern me. Especially the "Traditional Chunky Type Labradors" part of the statement.

They say their dogs come from "showing and working lines" but don't say they show or work their dogs.

Now, this isn't to mean they are a bad breeder, but you would have to look much deeper to see if they are truly reputable.

I'd also be worried that there doesn't seem to be pictures of her dogs or pedigrees.

Just my .02.

GulfCoast is offline Senior Member

If there was a health guarantee, I missed it. I did think this part was interesting: "Please note; Homes where the puppy is to be left alone all day are unsuitable, as the puppy will require company, affection, house-training and exercise. It will be necessary to have a fully-fenced garden, please do not rush into anything. Buying a puppy is a big commitment; please think very carefully before reserving a puppy, as a puppy is for life. "
    HRCH Ellie Mae MH CGC
    Tipsy Puppy
    Justlabradors.com -- the best site for your Labrador needs.

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee311/EllieMaeDogg/2108207141_f7321f204b.jpg

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Ok thanks. I don't want to look stupid but I don't really know what I am looking for, which is why I posted.

It's hard to find any breeders where I am, let alone know what to look for when I do find one. I'd have a rescue but my boyf has his heart set on a pup. Don't worry, this won't be for a couple of years.

Thanks though.

Find a kennel club near you and start there or attend dog shows.

Trickster is offline Senior Member

I agree with EMA.

If you are seriously interested in this breeder you need facts about both parents. "Show and working lines" means nothing. Most breeders will not cross the two types (show and field) unless it's a very specific dual purpose breeding and honestly, good dual purpose puppies are very few and far between. I know you are in the UK like me and off the top of my head I can only think of one breeder (Leospring kennels) who is successfully mixing the two types and winning in the show and field.

Achievements? they claim to breed for "pet and show" homes. Both parents look to be pet bred to me.

I suspect that these are pet bred breeders but I don't want to jump to conclusions. They obviously care about their dogs and that is evident on the website. However, my personal preference would be to not support pet bred dog breeders.

GulfCoast is offline Senior Member

Your local gun dog society or country sports orgainzation should be able to put you onto solid, reputable breeders.
    HRCH Ellie Mae MH CGC
    Tipsy Puppy
    Justlabradors.com -- the best site for your Labrador needs.

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee311/EllieMaeDogg/2108207141_f7321f204b.jpg

Kate3jays is offline Senior Member

Hi Bobbiesocks,

you are not too far from me, I willl PM you with my breeder's details

Kate-

"some days you are the dog, some days you are the tree!"
    Kate mom to Jed Jasmine and Joelly
    http://www.glosmerelabradors.co.uk/#

Little hint... any breeder's website where the address is "puppies" is someone to be avoided