Can anyone identify this?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can anyone identify this?

Pam
    Pam is offline Senior Member

DefaultCan anyone identify this?

I was assured it was nothing to worry about. That's when there was only 1. As of last night, I have found 4. They are all in different places. This one is on his chest. He has 2 on this upper thigh, one in front, one in back. And there was a fourth and I forget where that one was.
    They are whitish pink in color. They look like tiny (vanilla) chocolate chips like the ones you'd bake in a cookie. Or very mini Hershey Kisses, but in white. They are shaped like a pyramid, wide on the bottom and coming to a point at the top.
    I just don't want to think this is going to be something else that needs to be removed and he will be growing them by the bushel

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

labby is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Can anyone identify this?

How old is Buddy? Looks like an old age wart.

Laura

Pam

He's 9-1/2. there really is such a thing? Like old witches get on their noses? So they are harmless?

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Sundance (my cocker spaniel) had them all over his body by the time he went to doggie heaven. They are just little growth that cause no problems (other than for the groomer). They can bleed if they scratch them. I can certainly understand your worry after all you have been through, though.

labby is offline Senior Member

Yes there are. Boomer had a bumper crop of them. Like Sandy said they can bleed if hit with a comb or brush.

Laura

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

Is it like a pimple? It could be staph. Since he's breaking out in several of these, I would have a vet check them just to be sure. I tend to err on the cautious side... especially if there is more than one of something going on. If it were just one bump, I'd watch it for any changes.

Paddysmom is offline Senior Member

Paddy has one just above the base of his tail... about 8" up. Old guy has so many lumps and bumps any more I've lost count.

Seamus and Flynn

Pam

The one in the photo is the oldest one. It's always been this size. I don't think it's grown at all since I first found it well over a year ago. But after coming across 3 more, I wasn't satisfied with the vet's explanation of it being a wart. I needed to know from my expert lab people!!!!
    Petting him is really becoming a horrible experience. Between his limpomas and these new things, he feels like a road full of speed bumps near an elementary school.
    As long as they aren't dangerous, I feel better. Thank you.
    I wasn't ready for another round of anything right now anyway.

PS - I've been giving him the COQ10 and I really think it's helping him. I'm taking it too and I notice a slight improvement in my own joints.

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

Hmm, I've never heard of CoQ-10 for joints. It's an enzyme needed by the heart and blood vessels.

Magnum has a couple of small lumps now. I just hope they stay small and she doesn't get a lot of them, but it seems as though some dogs do and some dogs don't. I wish they could figure out why.

Paddysmom is offline Senior Member

PAM - Paddy has so many lumps on his underbelly the little boy next door thought he was a bitch who had just had puppies! Well, good observation for the little boy but poor PadMan!

Seamus and Flynn

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast