Just wondering
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just wondering

DefaultJust wondering

If you bring your dog in for vaccinations only, does your vet charge an office fee and the shot or just the cost of the shot? Mine just charges for the shot, i.e., Derby needs a rabies vaccine, I am charged $14 period. My vet in So. Cal was the same way.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

momofalab is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Just wondering

I get the OV and shot price. Yet usually when we go in for vaccines it is a yearly appointment, so he does his physcial and such.

Quote Originally Posted by Momofalab
    I get the OV and shot price. Yet usually when we go in for vaccines it is a yearly appointment, so he does his physcial and such.
    What if you decide you don't want all vaccines given at once (which is better for the dog) and want to come back just for a vaccine, are you again charged for an office visit?

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

momofalab is offline Senior Member

Not sure, never did it that way...

My vet never charges for an office visit. We go to her house because she is our friend and my husband fishes with her husband so they end up talking about fishing and stuff like that. So it ends up being a social call too. She only charges for what we buy and for the procedure (frontline or vaccinations) then she usually checks Maggie over once a year. She will even check her teeth, nails, gums, anal glands, etc. for free. She's awesome. It's kind of an exchange for fishing trips I guess.

TangerineFizz is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by kiddsmom
    Quote Originally Posted by Momofalab
    What if you decide you don't want all vaccines given at once (which is better for the dog) and want to come back just for a vaccine, are you again charged for an office visit?
    Betsy, mine doesn't. I do get charged for the intial visit before vaccines, the one where we discuss the vacs, what we are doing this year/ not doing, etc, but when I return the next few times for the actual vacs, i don't get charged those visits. Half the time she doesn't charge me throughout the year for the visit either. Other vets in that clinic do though.
    Me, Abzilla and the Helomonster.

I've always done the shots at the yearly exam, along with their hw test. The rescue vet doesn't charge for the office visit unless you ask for a physical exam...yet, he does it anyway.

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

Is this you Zoe?

I think you need to give Mom and ultimatum. 'Get this stuff off of me, or learn what my teeth feel like!'

She is cute, but I can't believe she sits there with the outfit on.
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

labby is offline Senior Member

I don't get charged for an office visit since I don't see the vet. We just see the vet tech who does the rabie shot.

Laura

My vet just charges for the shot. They do go over my dog briefly but I'm not charged for it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast