Pit Bull attack in my area!

Thread: Pit Bull attack in my area!

DefaultPit Bull attack in my area!

So my grandmother lives just 2 miles from us, and this was 3 doors down from her. She lives in an elderly housing community, so most people know each other there.

Anyway, this 78 yrs old lady that lives just 3 doors down has a beagle and has always let it outside in her fenced rear yard and most of the neighborhood knows her and the beagle! Saturday she decided to sit out front in her garage with the door open with her beagle since it was such a nice day! As she was there this Pit Bull & German Shepherd collard and tagged walked by her house on the sidewalk and just kept going not paying her or the beagle any mind! A few min later they returned and rushed into the garage and attacked the beagle. The lady would not let go of the leash and release her dog to these 2 brutes and she ended up getting pulled from her chair and dragged nearly 50 feet down her driveway and near the street.

In the end the beagle had one of its legs ripped off and its neck ripped open and bitten all over its body, and the old lady has skinned up from being dragged but was overall ok. The 2 brutes ran off up the street and a neighbor across the road that witnessed the attack ran to help her. Sadly the beagle was in horrific shape and had to be put down, and the old lady is recovering.

Turns out the 2 brutes were family protection for a mother and daughter up the road and in another near by neighborhood that broke free from their backyard. These 2 dogs are well known for escaping before but never causing any harm or trouble and were quite friendly all other times! They just snapped this time, and in result they were both put down as well.

Thought I'd let you all know what happened here this past weekend, not Labrador related but still sad!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

4yelloweyedogs is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Pit Bull attack in my area!

VERY sad, especially for the poor little Beagle...... I hope the lady will recover...... poor thing.

Melissa
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.

http://theyelloweyedog.weebly.com/

bebopalula is offline Senior Member

This just plain sucks. > :'( > That poor little beagle. :'( :'( :'( When I hear stuff like this it makes my blood BOIL. If these dogs were known to have escaped before, why wasn't something done to prevent it from happening again??? That poor woman. Her beagle was probably such a comfort and companion to her, and now he is gone. She must be so heartbroken. I hate stories like this.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

Okay, I agree with what has been posted, but history is what it is. Is there a rescue near by somewhere that might have a well behaved adult dog that might be a comfort to this woman, and a home for the dog?
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

I agree with Endofile. No doubt this lady will grieve for her beloved beagle. And hopefully with a little time she can adopt another dog.

lablimo is offline Senior Member

How very sad. I cannot imagine witnessing such an attack on my pet. That poor woman.

And all you hear is don't punish the breed... ???
    Quote Originally Posted by Toshi
    These 2 dogs are well known for escaping before but never causing any harm or trouble and were quite friendly all other times! They just snapped this time, and in result they were both put down as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Endofile
    Is there a rescue near by somewhere that might have a well behaved adult dog that might be a comfort to this woman, and a home for the dog?
    I'd imagine there is, but that'll be up to the lady when she comes around to even wanting another dog again! Don't know this lady, but I'm sure she's traumatized with watching what happened to her dog! I'm sure her friends and family will help on deciding when the time is right!