I hate People that Brag.....Funny Story
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I hate People that Brag.....Funny Story

fburke is offline Senior Member

DefaultI hate People that Brag.....Funny Story

Today I as at the park enjoying a relaxing day with Willow and my 11 year old son I was sitting on a park bench eating a bologna sandwich and a gentleman walked up to me and started talking about his Lab,,, now we’re all used to hearing stories form people we meet, EVERY ONE has a Lab story, and listing to their dog stories most are fine.. even welcomed, a chance to meet someone with a common interest….

However with in 2 min of conversation I realized that this was just a brag session. He told me how his Lab won all these awards and he was Champion Blood lines and he was entered into some competition and was the front runner in… blab bla bla …..ya know….

Mean while I was sitting there with Willow 10 feet from where I stood with nothing to brag about. I have no papers (I did but never filed) I didn’t see the point of spending the money, I‘m not a breeder or ever intended on showing or competing. She eats poop and steals the comfy spot on my couch what’s to brag about? ….. ;D

So I’m listing to this guy just rave about how important he thinks he is to society looking at my sandwich loosing my appetite when I get an idea…..Willow was about 15 feet from where I was standing with my 11 year old son,…. I called her name to get her attention I pop up throw the rest of my sandwich to her ..She does this amazing mid air catch (all four feet off the ground) she is a good catch any way so it’s really no surprise to me…..but the guy looks at me like she just solved the meaning of life and I just calmly and politely say to him “my dog is spoiled”: then I excused my self and left the bench.

I looked back at him on my way to my car and I’m still not sure if he realized that I politely told him to F*&K Off :

When I got to the car I gave Willow 2 Doritos and told her good girl!!...

I Love my Spoiled Dog. !!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Baloo317 is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: I hate People that Brag.....Funny Story

I am oh-so guilty of brag sessions.  :-[ :-[

I don't mean to be, honest.... I just get going about Baloo or Peanut and then ten minutes later I start realizing that my conversation partner has long since tuned out and is only supplying the semi-required polite "Oh"s and "uh huh"s and "hmm"s, whilst more than likely desperately trying to find a WAY OUT......

This is part of why I like this forum so much. I can talk about my dogs all day long without fear of creating an awkward situation. 
    Kate
    Baloo - 5 year old black lab
    Peanut - 7 year old minpin
    Monster - 3-ish year old frenchie/jack, rescue
    We're Superdogs!

I don't mean to offend anyone.....I'm just a dog owner who owns a lab....i love the breed and respect all it's capeable of...and i do enjoy all the story's of competition...but let me get a word in once in a while...

my dog can eat poop before you know it's there...

my dog knows the pizza delivery man by the sound of his car...

my dog knows the most comfertable spot on the couch....the one she is laying on...

my dog knows the sound of a bag of chips opening from 2 rooms away.

need i say more? ;D ;D ;D

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

fburke, et all,

My dog knows where she is supposed to lay down in any situation. Right where she chooses, no need to milit it to a couch.

My dog knows which treat she wants before bedtime, she brings the appropriate container to be filled.

My dog know when guests in the house are supposed to wake up, and sits at the door to their bedroom and barks as a wake up service for them.

My dog can not stand a dirty floor, excluding clutter of all her toys, and will clean up any food that sloppy humans drop on her clean floor.

In case you aren't sure you are going the right way, my dog will whine, bark, wiggle, bounce all over the car, as soon as you are within a half mile of any of the three dog parks we visit. Just to let you know that you are going the right way and getting close. Who needs a Garmin?

My dog knows when it is time for my evening exercise and will bring me my leash so that she can take me for a walk.

I am sure there are more. We can have fun with this.
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

georgie is offline Senior Member

I learned awhile ago to never say much about my girls. I think my two keep me from getting "too full of myself" about them. That is why I love this forum. We can share their accomplishments & their goofiness.

I have come to the conclusion that they are, after all, dogs. They are not machines. Two examples come to mind....I was walking Molly in my neighborhood one day & a lady down the road is a big dog lover. She asked how Molly was doing...I said "great." I was tempted to say how she had just earned her CGC & TDI. Thank goodness I didn't say a word since Molly was attempting to jump on her : and I am giving her the "no jump" command....amd she is acting like she had never heard it before.

Then there was the weekend we were at a hunt test & Abby was doing great. A man commented about her marking ability & what a nice dog she was. I just said thank you & smiled. When SU took her to the line she marked & did well with the first mark. The second mark was so easy..or so we thought. Well Abby started swimming for the second mark & then veered off to another lily pad group....she never did get the duck.So you just never know what they will do.

A judge at a test said after the ribbons were handed out..."rememeber , even if your dog did not get a ribbon today, you are still going home with the best dog."
    So I guess it is fair to say...we all have the "best dog."

Merlot_1 Guest

I don't know what I can brag about? Merlot can open the bathroom door by turning the knob with his mouth. He also flushed the toilet once, but I think that was a lucky fluke

amazongold is offline Senior Member

Buddy can bring me straight out of my chair at the computer with one, loud, piercing bark right in my ear. >

Buddy can clear a room with noxious gas ... no need for a gas canister, just a soft dog treat will do just fine, thank you very much. :-X

Buddy can make it from the front door to his dish in 1.5 seconds when it's time for his beans. ;D
    Jackie, Champ, and Buddy

Di
    Di is offline Senior Member

I love the way you went about telling the guy to f$%k off! ;D-your story cracked me up!- So what can my genuis dog do- open any sliding closet door or screen door, if you chose not to open it for her. She knows when its time to leave the river, park or puppy friends house, to play deaf! She knows when mom or dad needs exercise to get a sock and run! She also knows how to make me laugh and just when I need a puppy kiss!

labby is offline Senior Member

How sad that this person felt the need to brag about his dog without mentioning what a wonderful pet it is.

Sure my dogs have won shows but the most important thing they've done in my life is win my heart.

Laura

I hope people didn’t get the wrong Idea it wasn’t his actually bragging that got to me…we all do that and usually I don’t mind listing to someone else’s accomplishments no mater what they are…

What got me was this guy was just cocky and he was just being arrogant that was why I had enough…

But I have enjoyed all the off the mark accomplishments your Labs have done!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast