blacklab1973...calling blacklab1973.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: blacklab1973...calling blacklab1973.

AbbyandMolly is offline Senior Member

Defaultblacklab1973...calling blacklab1973.

Just wanted to know how you're holding up, and thought others might be wondering too.

I hope that you're doing better, and have found some peace in the situation (((hugs)))
    *Stacey*
    ~Abby, Molly, and Penny (the honorary lab)

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: blacklab1973...calling blacklab1973.

bump for blacklab1973.

Rushpuppy is offline Senior Member

bump :-\

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Kate3jays is offline Senior Member

I've been thinking 'bout you a lot over here too-

"some days you are the dog, some days you are the tree!"
    Kate mom to Jed Jasmine and Joelly
    http://www.glosmerelabradors.co.uk/#

amazongold is offline Senior Member

bump - hope you are doing okay.
    Jackie, Champ, and Buddy

actually, not so good. My husband and I just got back from a walk on a nearby trail. I thought that dogs were not allowed (b/c there is a similar trail where they are not). Well when we got there I saw the sign that you could bring them. I cried b/c I never got a chance to take him there and it was a really pretty walk that he would have enjoyed.

I think I am doing fine and then all of a sudden I just start crying. Our house is so quiet and empty without him. I miss him most in the mornings when he and I would be the only ones awake. I feel really bad for my husband as well b/c he works from home and has called me the last couple of days b/c he has been lonely.

We took some of Ernie's toys over to the kennel where we do obedience training and the folks there were so wonderful. They were crying right along with us but told us we did the right thing. I know in my heart that we did b/c as much as we both miss him we realize that there was a tremendous amount of stress in our house b/c of what Ernie was doing. I wanted so desperately for him to just realize he didn't need to bite but I think that he functioned at a level that was so high that any stressor just caused him to snap. I truly don't believe he really knew what he was doing.

It really has helped to have so many wonderful people on here to support us. My husband and I both thank you for all the posts and private messages as they have really helped us during this awful time.

Each day gets a little easier in that I can talk about it without bawling but I will always have a piece of my heart that will love and miss Ernie.

4yelloweyedogs is offline Senior Member

It was good to hear from you..... we can ALL understand your loneliness because we have all loved and lost a special dog....... I hope you continue to feel a bit better each day..... one day at time....

Melissa
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.

http://theyelloweyedog.weebly.com/

georgie is offline Senior Member

It is good to hear from you. Those of us who have lost our friends in the past know how you are feeling. It is never easy, no matter what the sitaution is. You did everything you could for Ernie, he knew he was loved. That is what is important. Ernie will always be in your heart. Please take care.

AbbyandMolly is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by georgie
    It is good to hear from you. Those of us who have lost our friends in the past know how you are feeling. It is never easy, no matter what the sitaution is. You did everything you could for Ernie, he knew he was loved. That is what is important. Ernie will always be in your heart. Please take care.
    Georgie stole basically what I wanted to say.

Ernie knows that you loved him, and you did what was best for him. Please take care, and definitely don't be a stranger.
    *Stacey*
    ~Abby, Molly, and Penny (the honorary lab)

Katies Mom is offline Senior Member

I'm so sorry. Ernie knew how much you loved him. He is at peace now. ((((((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast