Nasty neighborhood cat encounter

Thread: Nasty neighborhood cat encounter

mitziandjudysmom is offline Senior Member

DefaultNasty neighborhood cat encounter

This yellow cat - the same one that often chases my ChiChi away and eats her food, the same one whom M&J often chase out of our yard, the same one who belongs to the family of the nasty dog who attacked Judy last year, the same one who defiantly stayed in the middle of the street blocking our path on our morning walk last week - was on the side of the road as we walked this morning. On the side of the road is OK with M&J if I just give them a "leave it". On our way back, the ___cat was in the middle of the road to block us again. I guess she figured out that M&J can't chase her while on leashes so she was taking this opportunity to thumb her nose at them again. When we reached a few yards away from her, I gave a short blast with my mini air horn (a little louder than a car horn).
    She ran like the proverbial bat out of hades and M&J had the last laugh.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

georgie is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Nasty neighborhood cat encounter

;D I bit she did run when she heard the air horn. Too funny.

AngusFangus is offline Senior Member

Sometimes, aren't you just a little tempted to let them go? 8) We had a chihuahua next door who was just like this. Except add a very annoying, high-pitched "yapyapyapyapyapyapyap..." : I can't tell you how many times I looked at him and thought, "I should just let them come and eat your little ass."

Connie and "The Boys":
    Angus, Yellow Lab, CGC, RE, CD
    Simon, d.b.a. Flat Coated Retriever, CGC, RE, CD

Gone ahead, but forever in my heart:
    Crash, Pit Bull x Rottweiler x Golden Retriever

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

4yelloweyedogs is offline Senior Member

Connie, you little ...

ROTFLMBO....... I would probably feel the same way !!

Melissa
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.

http://theyelloweyedog.weebly.com/

M&J vindicated!

LOL. I think I would let them have cat stew. ;D

I've let Cali have our neighborhood cat two houses down before. She usually just growls at it when I say "no". It just so happen he was near the property line when the house next door was empty. So I gave Cali a "look at the cat" as she turns and starts the growl and the cat stops. Then I gave her the (with my fun voice) "GO GO GO, get the cat Cali" She ran so fast it was funny, her fur was up and she was barking. The cat ran but was cornered by the fence so it had no choice as Cali was two feet away, it climbed the house. Yes, cats can climb vinyl siding! Then it dropped into the fenced yard next door. So I called Cali back. Noone lived there then so I didn't care and figured it would get out sometime. But I now see very little of that cat in the daytime any more.

Buddysmom is offline Senior Member

Any cat (except ours) is fair game when it's on our property. I tell Buddy "Go for it". He loves chasing cats.

Eiderdowns That's My Buddy
    CDX, RE, WC, CGC, TDInc.
    Monnie

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

Bet she did run. The folks who have these animals sound like real prizes...really good neighbors.. :

Our neighbor's cat does the same. I love cats, but this one I'm not fond of. I would never let the dog go because I don't think the cat would run and my dog would definitely chase if I didn't have her leashed. He looks at my dog with a "make my day" expression. The hard part is that this cat pretty much lives in our yard and so I have to check my own yard out before I let the dog loose. He also knocks off birds by the dozen. I know this is nature, but I've never seen a cat get as many birds as this one. I had to stop putting my bird feeders up, and he still gets a fair number by hiding in the trees. They have four cats and he is the only one like this. I have to admit I chase him back into his own yard if I see him in ours, but I swear he comes back and pees up my wall for revenge (LOL) and to let me know our yard and house are part of his territory.