Try explaining to Duke you can't have any food for 24 hours
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Try explaining to Duke you can't have any food for 24 hours

penzpurlz is offline Senior Member

DefaultTry explaining to Duke you can't have any food for 24 hours

Remember the discussion on routine?...Duke's has been thrown off and he is definitely not happy. One of the shots Duke got at the vet yesterday was for his diarreah. So the rest of the afternoon went uneventful in the poop department...except on our walk. But it was small and OK :. But Doc said NO FOOD.

Duke's Dinnertime....He stands at the kitchen....looks at the kitchen....looks at me (sitting in my chair)
    ...looks at the kitchen...I tell him I can't feed him tonite. He comes over to come up in my lap, paws on my shoulder....kisses and pleading looks. I tried to leave the room, he followed me everywhere. He did finally settle down and went to sleep.

It's morning....he gets a cookie after he goes outside to do his business. Then he gets breakfast.
    Again I get the looks...the small wimpery crys "why"....following me everywhere.

I'm the one who feeds him...I'm the one who gives him cookies..."Mama why won't you feed me"

So now I'm back in my office, the baby gate is up so he can't get me, checking on all the happenings of JL. That's OK, but it's 4 hours til we get to see Doc again. May be I should have stayed in bed a while longer. :

Penny from Sunny Southern California

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

blackjack is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Try explaining to Duke you can't have any food for 24 hours

Poor Duke! And poor Mom! Now just imagine if you had another dog and you had to feed that one and not Duke. It's not easy being a good mom sometimes.

Rusty, Blaze & Buster Brown
    BJ - 3/9/2007 - 2/6/12 - miss you everyday
    Boomer - ? - 3/15/12 - always in my heart

Duke is doing pretty good, of course as long as I don't come out of the office. He'll lay at the baby gate and occasionally wimper. We just went for a walk and that helped take his mind off of food. Of course....usually after a walk he gets a small treat. : No treat yet, so of course I get the eyes again. Oh well only a few hours to go.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Oh poor Duke,

maybe you can have some tasty chicken and rice after the vet visit. (If not Cinnamon say to bite that vet.)

RangerMom is offline Senior Member

Aww, poor Duke. There probably is no way of explaining to a lab that he has to miss a meal.

Blackie and Ranger ...............................Reggie: 1996-2010 "Fly Reggie Fly"

I was going to cook up some rice before we go to the vet. But Duke loves rice...and the smell of it would drive him crazy....crazier. He's napping now. He won't come out of his kennel. But he keeps giving me looks....you don't love me anymore Poor baby...there is no way to explain to a lab you can't have your meal.

mitziandjudysmom is offline Senior Member

Aww poor Duke. What could be worse than no food. Maybe you can keep him occupied with walks, play, car rides, etc. to keep his mind off of food.

4yelloweyedogs is offline Senior Member

Poor guy.,...... it makes YOU feel bad, I know...... I hope he can start eating again today.

Melissa
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.

http://theyelloweyedog.weebly.com/

We've had play time and gone for our walk. But he doesn't want to really check for lizards(his favorite pastime)...just keeps following me. Only an hour to go. We leaving now for our morning errands...YEA car ride. Then stop at the vet. Saturday is traditionally park day. We'll still go. DH is concerned, he doesn't want me to run Duke too much...since no food in over 24 hours. I told him I wouldn't. Now tell Duke "no play" at the park. We'll take it easy...and I'll check in later.

AngusFangus is offline Senior Member

Oh, I know! I hate it when we have to withhold food! They look so hurt, so betrayed!

Connie and "The Boys":
    Angus, Yellow Lab, CGC, RE, CD
    Simon, d.b.a. Flat Coated Retriever, CGC, RE, CD

Gone ahead, but forever in my heart:
    Crash, Pit Bull x Rottweiler x Golden Retriever

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast