Taking a tumble! {updated}

Thread: Taking a tumble! {updated}

DefaultTaking a tumble! {updated}

So I was bringing Toshi back into the house tonight, cause the neighborhood dogs started acting up/barking and Toshi was starting to get riled up! When she doesn't want to come by name, whistles, or any other means I carry her in! Always with my hand under her chest and supporting her rear legs with my other hand or resting her belly down my arm.

She was going crazy from the other dog barks and was squirming really bad, then she suddenly just back-flip vaulted out of my arms and took a 3-4 foot fall onto her back, rear hind-quarter! She yelped a moment but got right back up, and was moving fine. Started running and grabbing at my pants as she always does!

I've been watching her for any limp or pain she shows when walking for past hr and so far nothing....I hope she'll be ok. Will watch over her again after she wakes, see if anything is swollen or limping occurs then!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

georgie is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Taking a tumble!

I hope she is okay. Puppies are pretty resilient. She may be a little sore from her tumble.

Kathy5475 is offline Senior Member

Ouchies! Hopefully she's ok!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Aw, poor little thing. They take some amazing tumbles when they are little. Even now, Cooper will occasionally bean his head on the patio door, or the gate when he's too impatient to get out and if it were me, the knock would have brought tears to my eyes. Not him, it's like nothing happened. Hope your little one is fine - an extra treat might help her feel better.....

Bev.

DefaultRe: Taking a tumble!{updated}

Well, its been like 8 hrs now since Toshi fell, and shes been up and about and doing very well, even running around the yard and inside! I don't see any limping, pain in her eyes or displeasure when I rub where she hit the ground!

Will keep close watch on her all day and see if any pain surfaces!

Quote Originally Posted by georgie
    Puppies are pretty resilient.
    Toshi must be built like a tank to be ok from the fall she took...it looked so damn painful to me, but she seems to have just shrugged it off!