Molly was at the vet today.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Molly was at the vet today.

georgie is offline Senior Member

DefaultMolly was at the vet today.

She had to get her booster. She tested negative for Lyme & Heartworm. Yea!!

I told the vet when I was cleaning her ears last night there was a bit of gunk in her left ear. The vet said it was a little red & so she is now on Otomax for 7 days.

She weighs 70.5 pounds & the vet said she looks good. At her top weight, 76 pounds, she was a bit overweight. She was starting to look like a sausage. So now she is nice & svelte!!

Another good thing, the vet said her teeth look better, less tartar & her gums looks great. I think I mentioned I was thinking of having her teeth cleaned...not sure why she has tartar build up, but I really did not want her to have the anesthesia. So the vet said the marrow bones must be working because her teeth look better.

Molly loves her vet & the vet said it is so nice to work on her, she lets you do anything to her. Not sure she likes all those sloppy kisses Molly gives her. :
    So it was a good checkup & it was only $81.00 I guess I got off cheap today.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

jzgrlduff is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Molly was at the vet today.

So the vet said the marrow bones must be working because her teeth look better.
    Don't tell Frankie that. :-\

That's great news Georgie! We had the same visit this week w/Frank. He weighs 79.2 pounds and everything came back negative. Our visit cost $165 though.

"Each is a creature of Earth and is entitled to reside on it with dignity"

Amy, I think about poor Frankie everytime I get the marrow bone out of the freeze. But Molly will not chew those Nylabone's. She is 4 1/ & I am not sure why she has that tartar. I watch her like a hawk when she is chewing it & every time I hear a loud crunch, I think of Frankie. I only let her have it for about 15-20 minutes.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

Sounds like a great checkup! Glad everything is A-okay with her!

mollyrock is offline Senior Member

great news!

the marrow bones do keep those toofies clean..my Vet always remarks at how clean my girls teeth are.

Bailey24 is offline Senior Member

Great check-up Molly!
    <br /><br />~ Angie &amp; Bailey ~<br />My Dogster Page: http://www.dogster.com/dogs/509673

4yelloweyedogs is offline Senior Member

that was a very good check up !! One thing though, about the Otomax...... we had been given that by a vet for Sherman's ear problem a couple years ago. I kept it and used it whenever his ears got bad. (This was all before I switched to grain free dogfood, and before the purple solution)... when the bottle was empty, I took it to the vets office and asked for another bottle...... the vet tech said it could damage his ear drum, and make him deaf !!!! She wouldn't give me another bottle unless I came back in for an exam..... well, I did without it, since she had said it could make him deaf !! Has anybody else ever heard that ??

Melissa
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.

http://theyelloweyedog.weebly.com/

Yikes...I will have to check on that Melissa. I did call the vet back because these really aren't drops..it is more of an ointment & after I put it in, I have to kind of gently rub her ear. I guess I am going to have to post in the health forum& hope I get some answers. Thanks for the heads up.

penzpurlz is offline Senior Member

Glad your trip to the vet was a good one.
    Penny from Sunny Southern California

4yelloweyedogs is offline Senior Member

Ours was liquid, so maybe with ointment is less able to penetrate to the eardrum........ I don't want to panic you, BUT that was what I was told, so I chose to forget about getting more.
    I hope her ear gets better !

Melissa
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.

http://theyelloweyedog.weebly.com/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast