Are Mushrooms Bad? Pitch just ate one of those mushrooms that grow outside. Was gone before I could get it out of his mouth...should I be alarmed? I don't know what kind it was, just that it was white.
I think some are harmless, some are dangerous. I tend to be pretty over-cautious when it comes to these things, so I might consider making him throw up. :-\ Can you maybe find another mushroom that was similar and identify it?
Connie and "The Boys":
Angus, Yellow Lab, CGC, RE, CD
Simon, d.b.a. Flat Coated Retriever, CGC, RE, CD
Gone ahead, but forever in my heart:
Crash, Pit Bull x Rottweiler x Golden Retriever
I can't tell the difference with mushrooms. Like Connie said...can you find another & take a picture. Maybe someone can tell you from a picture.
I just went outside to see if I can find another, it was the only one It has been wet here the last few days...this is the first one I have seen. I don't have a wooded back yard, just came up through the grass.
I would say it was maybe 2 inches tall, white. Not much help am I Going to see if there are any up front.
He is acting fine, so hoping that is a good sign.
You know Murphys Law, if I didn't want mushrooms in my yard there would be millions, but when I need to find one, my dog eats the only one around. I checked front yard and my neighbors yard, and I can't find anymore....GROWL!!!!
It's been raining here so bad lately that we have them too. The lawn guy came this week and he got rid of them but I saw some more yesterday - I worried about the dogs eating them too...b/c they eat everything...ARGH
♣ Laura ♣
Mambo ate one of the ones that grow when it rains in our yard. We had a few at the time, so I took him and the mushroom to the EV. Just asked them to look at it and they said wasn't going to hurt him. Hope everything is ok.
Vet said to keep an eye on him, that he should be fine. He thankfully had no ill effect from the shroom. Labby thanks for the link!
Maybe for the next time
If her or she eats some thing you dont trust, and you're could act directly to it ... Just give him or her a thee spoon of salt .. that make them to throwup, so the unwanted "thing" come's out, and no harm is done to youre dog