Unusual swimming holes....
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unusual swimming holes....

Sams Mom is offline Senior Member

DefaultUnusual swimming holes....

This thread is inspired by fburke's Lab discovering the hidden backyard pond. What a happy day for his puppy!

Sam will swim or attempt to swim in almost any amount of water.

When we visited my Mom's horse at the farm, she got tired of racing around with the other dog and put her feet up on the water trough. At first I though she was just thirsty, but then she managed to haul herself into the water trough. She actually fit and the trough was up around her shoulder level. I quickly shooed her out.

She is also fond of the pond at my friends house. She raced around her backyard until she was good and hot and then went swimming. Sam wasn't invited back.

How about you? Where has your dog attempted to swim?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

mitziandjudysmom is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Unusual swimming holes....

Aww. She's a true water dog. Do you take her swimming often?
    Mine are not like that. They tip toe around puddles of water.

Yes, Oakley has gotten right in to little ponds that people have in their backyards.
    Two different ones.
    The first time, I had her to a work bbq. There were 3 dogs playing then they stopped for a drink in the pond but Oakley . . . she hopped right in. Everyone had quite a laugh and I just shook my head.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

mollyrock is offline Senior Member

Everytime we go to my brother's home for a visit, Lucy makes a bee-line for their pond and goes for a dip...and comes out smelling like rotten frogs. It is an artificial pond.
    My brother is worried that Lucy might teach his dogs to go in...she is such a bad influence.

When Henry the chocolate Lab lived next door(moved away) Lucy ran off the deck and into the
    above ground pool (it was April and it wasn't open yet, in fact the pool cover was on but had been damaged by heavy snow and it had sunk under about 2 feet or more below the water)
    All the times they had let Henry out the back deck, it never occured to him to jump in...until Lucy came along. We had a helluva time getting them out and it was so embarassing.
    After that, they had to block off access because Henry wanted to jump in now that he had learned this new trick.

georgie is offline Senior Member

That is funny. We have a very small spring at the back of our property & both my dogs will play in it & they have to even lay down in it, of course after they have made it a muddy hole. The muddier the merrier, I guess.

Labs4life is offline Senior Member

My girls would swim anywhere at anytime. They were standing in their water dish at 10 weeks old.

They have laid down in puddles and their cheapy little kiddie pool.

I live along a trout stream that's about 50 yards wide. They'll swim in any portion of the stream ,but I like to take them up to a bend in the stream where it's deeper.

I take them swimming a couple of times a week during the summer and once a week when it gets cooler. I take them to a spot north of where I work where kayaks and canoes launch, its a small lake and excellent for working on retrieves.

The Constitution is suppose to guarantee everyone the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness, but the Constitution does not guarantee everyone equal outcomes.
    Some people are more talented, educated, thieving and dishonest than others.

I wish Abbie liked water, but she won't have anything to do with it.

blacklabelias is offline Senior Member

Elias has crawled into several koi ponds! I have to keep an eye on him when he gets near them :

Sams Mom is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by mitziandjudysmom
    Aww. She's a true water dog. Do you take her swimming often?
    Mine are not like that. They tip toe around puddles of water.
    Yes, she goes swimming everyday. We are lucky enough to live in a city with 2 dog parks. One is at the SPCA and the other is close to our house. The one closeby has a stream running through it which in places is deep in enough to swim in.

If it is wet she is in it. The neighbors koi pond a puddle you name it. But the craziest thing she tries to get her whole body is is this

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?actio...8-2&lpage=none It is at my parents house and Nala loves it.

It is really funny when my sister brings her lab over and they both try to get in it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast