Questions that make you really scratch your head
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Questions that make you really scratch your head

Lexis Mom is offline Senior Member

DefaultQuestions that make you really scratch your head

I am sure we have all encountered people out & about who ask about our pups. But have you ever had someone pose a question to you & you wonder what in hades name they are thinking or for that matter if they are thinking.

Earlier this week, Lexi & I were out on our morning walk. We came upon a couple standing in their driveway & the husband asked if Lexi was a Chesapeake Bay Retriever. I could see the guy thinking she is a Chessie as Labs & Chessies are similar in looks. I told him she is a chocolate lab, we chatted for a few minutes & off we continued on our walk.

On our lunchtime walk we came upon a lady, she looked at Lexi & asked me "Oh is that an Irish Setter?" ??? I politely said she is a chocolate lab. As I walked away I thought WTH??? : All the Irish Setter's I've ever seen are much brighter orangey-red, a longer coat and taller, so I have no idea how she would mistake her for an Irish Setter.

My pretty girl, Lexi!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Chester B. Dickens is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Questions that make you really scratch your head

If I had a nickle for every time Wesley's been confused for a Rott or a Noof......

imported_nellies mom is offline Senior Member

I've had that happen countless times but what really gets me is when they argue with you that your lab can't possibly be a lab. LOL Another stupid question I've run into a lot is "when are you going to breed her?" That's when I go into my speel about the millions of dogs in pounds across the country.
    <br />~~~~~~~~<br />Danie<br />Nellie, CGC<br />~~~~~~~~<br />The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated. -- Gandhi

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

imported_bacatherine is offline Senior Member

I get a lot of people asking what Mocha is I tell them a lab and they always comment about how little she is. She's 65lbs and just right actually. Zeus on the other hand is tall and lanky with a big head but I love him anyway
    I get the breeding question alot too since they are male and female. I just tell them they are both fixed and that I see too many puppies at the Humane society when I volenteer there.
    <br />Barbara, Mocha, Zeus, &amp; Smeagol

pj
    pj is offline Senior Member

sheesh, an irish setter!?!?!? :

other people with yellows may get this too -- we always get the "golden yellow labrador retriever" or "yellow golden retriever" or "golden labrador" or "yellow golden" any creative variation thereof, for both theo (YL) and dex (GR). i just politely correct them.

and funny thing is, having one of EACH doesn't seem to make a difference.

people also ask if they are related (father/son), esp when dexter was a puppy, or littermates now that dex has caught up in size.

oh and one lady did ask if theo had MASTIFF in him b/c his head was so big. that was pretty entertaining!

<br />pj, theo &amp; dexter

Chester B. Dickens is offline Senior Member

"Is that a Noof?"
    "No."
    "A Rottie? Lookit the head..."
    "No - He's a Lab."
    "NO WAY!! Look at the size of him. And the head. No way you've got a Lab there, pal."
    "Well, you're right. He's really a St. John's Dog."
    "Ah-HAH! Toldja he wasn't a Lab!!"

CenTexLabs is offline Senior Member

My favorite. Are they brother and sister?? : Yea, Luke just wears a strap-on because he is going through an identity crisis.

RukusandDozer is offline Senior Member

People have asked me more than a few times if Rukus is part pit-bull because he's so muscular. When I tell them that he's a purebread lab, they always seem shocked!
    http://i217.photobucket.com/albums

labby is offline Senior Member

Well my favorite was when Seamus was a puppy a GOLDEN BREEDER at a dog show asked me when did I get the Golden Retriever puppy. You could have picked my jaw up off the ground. I was recently asked what Jake was at a show but the person was a spectator.

Laura

frenchie is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by dweck
    "Is that a Noof?"
    "No."
    "A Rottie? Lookit the head..."
    "No - He's a Lab."
    "NO WAY!! Look at the size of him. And the head. No way you've got a Lab there, pal."
    "Well, you're right. He's really a St. John's Dog."
    "Ah-HAH! Toldja he wasn't a Lab!!"
    LOL ;D

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast