Baby Gate

Thread: Baby Gate

Karolyn is offline Senior Member

DefaultBaby Gate

Good Lord, why cant anything be easy Remember my post about the baby gate? I wanted to block off a section of the house so that Harlee was not crated while I was at work. I live alone and I find that she is in there too much because she sleeps in her crate too. So finally I get the baby gate isntalled, looks great to me, not too high not to low.

5 Mins later he comes Harlee, she makes her legs go totally flat and goes underneath the gate, and believe me its not high off the ground!!!!!!!!!!

If it was lower she would have climbed it, makes me sad because i really dont want to crate her that much Any ideas?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Baby Gate

Put up 2 baby gates (one on top of the other).

Murray knocks over our baby gate (the pressure kind) so I really shouldn't be giving advice on this subject.

How old is she now? I would not crate her at night, just keep her in your bedroom with the door closed so she can't wander. She'll probably sleep in your bed all night.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

I always said she wouldnt be allowed in my bed but on a few nights I have felt guilty and tried letting her sleep with me, she just wont settle, she goes nuts trying to play. When she is crated at night, she is snoring within 2 mins. Any advice on how I could get her to settle?
    She is 21 weeks

Bumping, before it gets lost on the next page.

Sorry but really looking for help on this one

Tire her out and she'll sleep like a baby 5 months is waaaaay to young to be left out while you're not around but plenty old enough to sleep on a dog bed. If you need to, tether her to your dresser or bed leg until she understands that she should stay in that spot.

mitziandjudysmom is offline Senior Member

Get a piece of ply wood from Lowes a little wider than the door, and shove something heavy to hold it against the door on the other side of baby gate.