Help....new foster marking inside
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help....new foster marking inside

deneen is offline Senior Member

DefaultHelp....new foster marking inside

Hey everyone! I have a new foster he's a 5/6 yr old unaltered male and he's been marking inside. He's a very sweet dog, I'll post pics later. He was surrendered to a pound, spent a month there without a single inquiry. His name is The Hulk. Hulk is a really thick black male about 100 lbs, he didn't have much chance of being adopted from this pound so Joe took him into his rescue and I'm fostering him. He'll be neutered soon but in the mean time.....I Need some advice to make sure I'm convering everything I should to stop him from marking inside. Hulk is very lucky I have an extreme weakness for large black males and is very good boy in all other ways, good with kids, other dogs, not a barker or a chewer...but this marking has to stop! :-X

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

MyLabsMom is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Help....new foster marking inside

Hey Deneen!!!!

Unless you can consistently catch him in the act and scare the crap out of him - I'm not sure there is anything. I think they just need to get "snapped" out of it.

My bottom banister of our staircase was always the marking place of my fostered boys. They would walk in and walk right over to that corner and lift!!! Perhaps you've got areas like that he's smelling - try doing some heavy duty cleaning of those areas (Lestoil, bleach, etc), so he doesn't repeat it.

Do we get to see the big lug?
    Brenda from Connecticut

deneen is offline Senior Member

Hi Brenda! ;D

I'll post some pics, can't do it from work. He is big lol..not Cujo big..but he's a strong dude. Big baby too cries when he can't find me in the house, tries to fit all 100 lbs on my lap or worse Connor's lap lol. I find it strange that he doesn't mount anything. Not even Autumn who is constantly being mounted by strange dogs. I've caught him a few times and I very loudly say "AH AH" claim my hands and take him outside. I'm ready to leash him to me. I'm not sure crating is an option, I highly doubt he's ever been crated but I may try to see if it helps.

It's even cause Gunny to lift his leg! Gunny hasn't had an accident in the house since he was about 6 weeks old and he very rarely lift his leg..he does that neutered male lean thing lol.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

talleyJudy is offline Senior Member

As a last resort you could try one of these.

http://www.revivalanimal.com/Store/i...&bw=150&bh=100

(It won't let me copy the 'image'/pic. :P )
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." author Will Rogers

Auggie 12/29/95 ~ 01/15/09

Paddysmom is offline Senior Member

Hi Deneen - sorry, I've never had a "marker" so no advice from me. Just wanted to say hello and send a :-* for Autumn.

Seamus and Flynn

imported_bacatherine is offline Senior Member

Zeus hadn't been in the house for a year when we got him. The first night we had him home SU caught him in the house lifting his leg on one of the walls. He yelled "AHAH Zues Outside" something like that and I took him out right away. It must have scared him because he's never tried it again.

On the other hand our Yorkie will never be fully house broken : he gets on my nerves. You can't ever catch him and he gets to go out enough he just makes messes mostly at night.
    <br />Barbara, Mocha, Zeus, &amp; Smeagol

imported_zoezoe is offline Senior Member

Welcome to my world Brenda is right...unless you catch the little joker in the act, it won't stop but you can control it by using the male doggie wraps. Dutch and Jake drive me nuts. I watch them in the morning to over to the tree...Dutch pees first and Jake either waits for him to finish and then hikes on the same spot of the tree, or if he has to go really bad...both their legs are hiking in unison! : Drives me nuts!! MEN!! LOL

Joe Maringo is offline Senior Member

OH, and by the way, Connor has officially re-named him as Yogi ;D

The vet is off tomorrow so we will have to wait until next week to get him neutered :
    Southwest Pennsylvania Retriever Rescue Organization or S.P.A.R.R.O. and Shades Of Grey Senior Sanctuary
    A 501c3 Non Profit Organization.
    Plum, Pa.
    412-795-0163
    website www.sparro.org/

Saving one dog will not change the world But, surely, for that one dog the world will change forever!

CenTexLabs is offline Senior Member

I was thinking one of those sling wrap things around his back and you-know-what wouldn't hurt.

MyLabsMom is offline Senior Member

oooooooh!!!! he is a BIG lug!!! I'm partial to big black chunky boys, too!!! (Man, that sounds baaaad).

Thanks for posting him, Joe -

What's his background?
    Brenda from Connecticut

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast