Another Emilu No No!!

Thread: Another Emilu No No!!

patm is offline Senior Member

DefaultAnother Emilu No No!!

While Emilu had been great in the house for over 2 years, since last winter she has taken to "taking things" that aren't hers and either just leaving them, redecorating with them, or half destroying them. Last night SU and I went to an out of town performance and the dogs were in the house from about 5:30 till midnight unsupervised. I wondered if she had done anything "bad". I walked in the house and looked inthe livingroom - hmmmmmmm - 2 medium stuffed bears and three little stuffed lab puppies on the floor. The worst thing is that they are from our bedroom, which is off-limits to the dogs. We must have not gotten the door latched, and I'm sure she had a merry time going in and out 5 times to fetch the critters off of the cedar chest! The only damage she did was to take the little plastic nose off of one of the lab puppies. I can just picture her happily rushing back and forth, getting things out of the "forbidden room". :-\

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

mitziandjudysmom is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Another Emilu No No!!

Ha! I do that too - when I come home, the first thing I do is a quick walk through the house to see if they got into trouble.
    Emilu is so sweet, let her off easy this time. I don't know what there is about the forbidden that is so attractive.

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

Hershey Kisses is getting tested everyday for privileges when we are not not. She is hitting a score of about 50%. Good this time, bad next time. Yesterday, I walked in and she was on the couch in the family room. That was fine, she is allowed. But that expression on her face, and she was not at my feet bouncing around to be petted. She did something. From the door i looked around and didn't see anything. As I started walking around to investigate, her head and eyes are following me. As I approach her, her head drops on the the cushion, sadder eyes, don't beat me look. I am half cracking up, half worried about what I am not seeing. I ask her what she has, and I can see her trying to get even flatter on the couch. That's it, she has something. I roll her over and find what used to be a really great remote for the TV and audio system. So she goes off to her space and the gate goes up, not sure if that is an effective lesson, but she obviosly knew she did something wrong. I go back to assess the remains. Repair is not an option, the assessment is to find out how many pieces might be inside her. The good news is that I found the battery compartment cover (multliple pieces), batteries (not cylindrical anymore, but not pierced), and the reset of the case (damaged) and enogh pieces of the circuit board to determine that anything missing was pretty small. Today she is contained.
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

georgie is offline Senior Member

I guess I'm not the only one who does a quick "walk through" when coming back home. Sounds like Emilu had a good time finding new toys.

amazongold is offline Senior Member

Ahh, Hershey Kisses, you gotta learn to keep your mouth off stuff that isn't yours!

I guess she's still a bit too young to be allowed freedom.
    Jackie, Champ, and Buddy