OK I really need some encouragement

Thread: OK I really need some encouragement

Karolyn is offline Senior Member

DefaultOK I really need some encouragement

Today was Harlee's second obidence class and she acted like a real moron. She threw temper tantrums all night, biting jumping growling etc because she didnt feel like doing what I asked. This drives me crazy because she knows the commands she just made me look like an idiot. SHe was the worst behaved dog there!!!!!!!!!!

21 weeeks old

Before someone takes this the wrong way, i realize she is a puppy and I do love her, just would like the fits to stop

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

ruff n tumble crew is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: OK I really need some encouragement

Aawww. Hang in there with your baby. Only time and a little consistent work will break the temper tantrums. Be firm with her, but let her know it's fun when she listens. I bet she'll come around before the classes are over.

kaisdad is offline Senior Member

LOL! Sorry, but that sounds like Kai when we went through our first obedience class. There were three Labs in my class and a bunch of other breeds. The three labs and a springer spaniel were the worst behaved. Initially. The trainer was great, she explained that it's to be expected. Not all breeds mature at the same rate. Some of the other breeds were very attentive and went through their paces, while the labs and spaniel were the goof-ups. More imprtant than the lessons, was the valuable socialization that took place. Towards the 5th or 6th session, the labs and spaniel started to get with the programme but were still pretty excitable and it didn't take much to throw them off on a tangent. Just be patient and realize that at this age, things aren't going to go perfectly. Good luck and hang in there!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Jefferson'n'Ted is offline Senior Member

Hah!! Sound failiar!! Jefferson is now 4 and we just enrolled in a rally class--he is doing beautifully!! It will happen.
    I am at the "whirling dervish at th end of the leash" point with Teddy!! So my sympathies!!
    “If I know every single phone call you’ve made, I’m able to determine every single person you’ve talked to; I can get a pattern about your life that is very, very intrusive. And the real question here, is what do they do with this information that they collect – that does not have anything to do with al-Qaeda? And we’re gonna trust the president and the vice president that they’re doing the right thing? Don’t count me in on that.”
    Joe Biden, 2006

georgie is offline Senior Member

I know the feeling. As she matures, she should be better. Hang in there. With love & patience & consistency...she will be fine.

Sounds like me 3 years ago. Cinnamon would do what I ask if it suited her mood. But if not she was the class clown marching to her own drummer....or worse was the day she decided she was tired and all she was going to do was lay there like a lump.

It does get better I promise.

Kathy5475 is offline Senior Member

Definitely hang in there....Riley and I just completed class #4. Class #1: she was actually very good and was the only dog in the class who knew "sit". The trainer hands me a little coupon with a bone on it, and nobody else got one. She explains that we'll get them throughout the 6 classes and at the end they can be traded in for toys/treats. So I'm all proud because we have this coupon. Long story short, by the end of that class, everyone had about 4 or 5 coupons, we still only had 1 >. Each class I take her face and tell her to make me proud, I WANT COUPONS!

I really didn't work with her as much this week b/c of some family issues, but go figure, we got 7 coupons tonight, and she was wonderful!!!!! Although, Tucker, a little black lab, kept distracting her. She kept looking at me as if to say "It's not my fault, Mom!"

penzpurlz is offline Senior Member

Been there...done that. Hang in there....it will get better. Take it all in stride and smile.
    Penny from Sunny Southern California