Puppy licking...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Puppy licking...

Toshi is offline Senior Member

DefaultPuppy licking...

Is there any way to get a puppy/dog to lick more? I don't mind the play biting, but I do love being licked by a dog alot, and Toshi does not lick very often unless I have water or food on my hands!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

CenTexLabs is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Puppy licking...

Ok, 1 question. Why???

I have 2, 2 year olds that lick constantly. I can't get 'em to stop. Remember, give them an inch and they will take a mile.

Quote Originally Posted by CenTexLabs
    Ok, 1 question. Why???

I have 2, 2 year olds that lick constantly. I can't get 'em to stop. Remember, give them an inch and they will take a mile.
    Dun know, I just love being licked...I'd prefer the mile heh

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

mitziandjudysmom is offline Senior Member

There's nothing like puppy kisses. When Bruno wants to bite me, I say "no bite, kiss kiss" and his bite turns to kisses (licks). Then use a sweet approving voice. Do you give Toshi a name for what you want? If you call the licks kisses or whatever, she will understand in time.

Merlot_1 Guest

If they lick your face when you chose your puppy at the breeder, it will lick you all it's life. If it doesn't then, it NEVER will. My first lab never gave kisses. The two I have now kiss ALL the time. But YUCK, it is no fun to be french kissed by a 10 inch slobby lab tongue. :P

She will lick my face if were playing on the floor and laying face to face sometimes, or when I'm holding her while she's tired{only time she enjoys being held anymore.}

Hmmm, didn't think about using "kiss" word. Think I'll start trying that this week and see how it pans out. thx for the idea mitziandjudysmom

bibber is offline Senior Member

If they lick your face when you chose your puppy at the breeder, it will lick you all it's life.
    I never thought about that, but Sam didn't and still doesn't give kisses, where Bodie won me over at the breeder with a big kiss to my cheek, and he gives us so many kisses every day.

Brenda, Sam & Bodie

JackieN is offline Senior Member

Dakota wasn't much of a licker/tail wagger for the first few months..I thought he'd never warm up to us..then one day..lick lick..wag wag..there it was. LOL..now we usually end up with soggy faces and love it. LOL
    We use the no bite..kiss kiss...words also.
    Jackie
    <br /><br /><br /><br /><br />

Bailey24 is offline Senior Member

We also used the word 'kisses' to re-direct biting (we used no-bite too, but after she knew the command we would re-direct); it's worked out great but she loves to give them anytime!!
    <br /><br />~ Angie &amp; Bailey ~<br />My Dogster Page: http://www.dogster.com/dogs/509673

fburke is offline Senior Member

Nothing like being woken up out of sound sleep by a Labby tongue in the ear :P :P

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast