Does your Lab Have a different personality when outside?

Thread: Does your Lab Have a different personality when outside?

fburke is offline Senior Member

DefaultDoes your Lab Have a different personality when outside?

When Willow is inside she has to be by my side on the couch with me, or under my desk in my office.

However when she is outside she will not listen to me. The only time she comes near me is when she wants me to throw her dam ball ! She doesn't even show any interest in treats. I try to work with her on different training items but it's totally useless. :P

All she does is run and play with that stupid labby look with the tongue hanging out, (you know the look ) If you even try to pat her she's off like a rocket shot out of a cannon. : i always have visions of that Chevy Chase movie when he is living in the country and his Golden runs off and every now and then through out the movie the dog runs by in the distance....

Bring her back inside and she's transforms herself back into a malignant growth attached to my side.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

georgie is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Does your Lab Have a different personality when outside?

Abby is like that. When she is in the house she is a couch pototo but when she is outside she is either looking for a rabbit or squirel to chase ot stalking Molly. She will runup & down the fence line with the neighbors dog.
    Molly just looks at her like she is nuts.

Merlot_1 Guest

No, my two act the same, inside or out. Always by my side. When I mow the lawn they follow right behind me, step by step, until I am done. If I am sitting on the deck they lay at my feet.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Sometimes. When Maggie is outside she knows it's playtime with her tennis ball. So she is usually go, go, go girl!

She can't be quite so energetic indoors and we don't allow tennis balls indoors. She has different toys for inside. I know, I'm mean. :'( She would be nuts if there were tennis balls inside. Let alone the slobber!

Outside: Run, run in circles, jump, chase things, butt-tuck, Run, follow dad, chase cats, try and find gophers that dad shot,

Inside: lay around, follow dad, lay by dad, beg for treats, lay around some more, stare at Sophie the cat until she runs, get in trouble for chasing Sohie because she ran, lay around,

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

How old is your dog?

I found that with all three of mine, I had to work very hard to become my dog's best plaything.

Remington is just now learning that I am more fun to play with than Ruger (he is 8 1/2 months old). I wear myself out becoming a great dog toy, but in the end it's worth it as I have some pretty incredible dogs that can play sports with me as a wonderful team-mate.

fburke is offline Senior Member

Willow is about 1 1/2 years old. Don't get me wrong she doesn't mind playing with me outside (as lojg as it;s fetch related) or even following me (she still needs to have me in her sites.).It's just her listening skills go out the window!. Sometimes I think she looses brain cells as soon as she hits the fresh air. ;D :P