Meet James
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Meet James

DefaultMeet James

Have you guys met James?
    http://txlabrescue.org/labradors_James.php
    He's just a pup - probably 8 months old - very sweet, typical labby pup.
    Last month, the poor guy found himslef at animal control and was lucky enough to be there when our volunteer went to evaluate another dog. He made such an impression on her that she called me right away and begged and pleaded with me to pull him as well. How could I resist this face? So of course, here he is.

James is being boarded because all our foster homes are full and a few of our foster familes are doubled and in some cases tripled up with foster labs.

If you'd like to foster James or one of our other Lab gems or if you know someone in the Houston area that you think might be available to foster - please, please, please send them our way.

We currently have 22 of our 44 labs boarding and at this rate - we won't have space or funds to help many more.

If you'd like to see a list of the other dogs available for fostering - please let me know and I'll try to post their photos and info later this week.

OMG! - I also just rcvd a plea for help on two gorgeous yellow seniors. I don't know what, if anything I can do for these dogs right now - but I'll send their photos out as soon as I get confirmation on their status.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Dani is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Meet James

Dina...he's so cute.....your link is messed up...here is the right one: http://txlabrescue.org/labradors_James.php
    Dani, Rider & Rookie
    SHR Watson's Safari Rider, JH, WC, CL1-R, RA, CGC, TDI
    SHR Endeavor Put Me In Coach, RN, WC, CGC

Member Since 6/2003

Thanks Dani!

He's a doll. Too young and precious to be sitting in a kennel learning bad manners. Hopefully I can get him placed quickly - but right now everyone wants a baby girl and of course a young baby girl.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

I know that this Rescue in Texas is just one of many, Dani and Joe being involved in at least two more. But visiting this site as seeing all these Labs in one Rescue org really gets to me. How can that many dogs of one breed be given up? I need to by that ranch and establish a Lab Resort for these animals. If I only had the money. My respect to all of you that work with finding these animals permanent homes, and those that foster them during the wait.
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

jzgrlduff is offline Senior Member

I pray that he finds his perfect forever home.

How can that many dogs of one breed be given up?
    Because the A$$HOLES don't do their research and have no idea how hard it is to raise a lab. They think they come prepacked as that mellow older dog you see in the moves.

People suck.

"Each is a creature of Earth and is entitled to reside on it with dignity"

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by jzgrlduff

Because the A$$HOLES don't do their research and have no idea how hard it is to raise a lab. They think they come prepacked as that mellow older dog you see in the moves.

People suck.
    But they are soooo much fun to raise. I have had dogs all my life, this is the third as a pup. The first two were a GR and a Cockapoo. Neither were anywhere near as much work as Hershey Kisses. But she is keeping me active, taking my weight off, funny, good, BAD, gives back everything that she takes out of me 10 fold. She is not easy, but you get what you work for.

It is just so rotten that people don't stand for anything anymore. Even living animals are treated as disposable property. Damn, why are we so spoiled as a society and unwilling to stand up to our commitments.
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

I agree..I think it starts in childhood...when parents don't follow thru on teaching children responsibility for their actions. How many people buy a puppy for their kids..with the kids promising to walk them, feed them..etc..and then they don't..and the parents end up caring for the dog. Or when a child does something that has bad consequences and there is no correction about it. Well..you get my point..and yes..in today's society, EVERYTHING is disposable..animals, marriages, you name it.
    Jackie

Quote Originally Posted by Endofile

People suck.
    But they are soooo much fun to raise. I have had dogs all my life, this is the third as a pup. The first two were a GR and a Cockapoo. Neither were anywhere near as much work as Hershey Kisses. But she is keeping me active, taking my weight off, funny, good, BAD, gives back everything that she takes out of me 10 fold. She is not easy, but you get what you work for.

It is just so rotten that people don't stand for anything anymore. Even living animals are treated as disposable property. Damn, why are we so spoiled as a society and unwilling to stand up to our commitments.

Baloo317 is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Endofile

People suck.
    I totally know what you mean, Ed. I mean, yes, Baloo chews stuff, he's very active, he demands a lot of time and attention as well as resources.....But god I love it.

Before we got a lab, and even now, I had many people *warning* me about them (energy, chewing, etc.) One magazine actually stated that by the time they're a year and a half, you'll want to get rid of them.... ??? Huh..?? I keep waiting for the "hard" part to start....

But I guess if you got a dog because you wanted to have a trusty companion like old yeller who followed you around and protected you, or a "lassie" who thought things through for themselves all the time and seemed to know what you wanted before you asked, then yes, you would not be equipped to handle a lab pup.

people do suck. > :-\
    Kate
    Baloo - 5 year old black lab
    Peanut - 7 year old minpin
    Monster - 3-ish year old frenchie/jack, rescue
    We're Superdogs!

liveelayne is offline Senior Member

what a sweet face he has!! :-*

Oh, he has such a sweet face. That smile.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast