An update on Toshi... {pics too}
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: An update on Toshi... {pics too}

DefaultAn update on Toshi... {pics too}

Here are a few images from the past few days!

Climbing my leg to bite the camera!

Having a snack on her treat biscuits!

Huggle!!!

Toshi loves to play with my hair way too much.

...and again all tuckered out! Toshi loves to sleep on her back anywhere & everywhere...

A small update:
    Toshi is learning very quickly not to bite me very hard anymore, but I still let her chew on my hand and arms. Sometimes when I get her really wild though she'll forget and bite harder than she means, but shes learning "easy and ow" well and will immediately let go when I say either. Her potty training is also going extremely well, but on occasion she'll still pees inside....she always cries near the door to poop though{none in the house for the past week!}

Now that Toshi has had the taste of being indoors all the time, she doesn't have any issues about coming back in anymore. Before she always wanted to be outdoor.

I've also got her started on fruits and veggies; so far she loves carrots, apples, grapes, & bananas. Oh and she also nearly doubled in size this week...

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

mitziandjudysmom is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: An update on Toshi... {pics too}

DON'T give her grapes! Grapes and raisins are very toxic to dogs. ( I was surprised when I first heard this too) Some JL people have had first hand experience with this.
    Toshi is precious. Love your pictures.

patm is offline Senior Member

Such a cute little girl I didn't know that grapes and raisins could be poisonous either and used to feed my dogs the "old grapes". None now! Also - just a word from someone who learned the hard way - if you don't want her to mouth and "bite" at your hands when she is older, don't let her do it now. Don't really even have to correct her, just keep your hands out of her mouth

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Oh my..... what a honey! She's so adoreable...

Jefferson'n'Ted is offline Senior Member

What a cutie pie!! I can tell that Toshi isn't being spoiled at all!!
    “If I know every single phone call you’ve made, I’m able to determine every single person you’ve talked to; I can get a pattern about your life that is very, very intrusive. And the real question here, is what do they do with this information that they collect – that does not have anything to do with al-Qaeda? And we’re gonna trust the president and the vice president that they’re doing the right thing? Don’t count me in on that.”
    Joe Biden, 2006

Ahh I just did a bit of research on grapes and raisins, and yup thats a new one on me. I've always fed my dogs grapes, but as reports say only in large quantities are they toxic & lethal. For the record she only had 1 grape, and never ate it entirely, just played with it and squished it. Anyway, thx for the heads up and Toshi will never get another grape!

As far as Toshi biting me, thats just about all she likes to do is chew on my fingers and arms. Its not very hard anymore, and more like just having her mouth on me and tasting me. Only when she is really wound up does she bite harder than she should....I plan to work on stopping the biting but its gonna take more time.

Toshi is adorable! Thanks for sharing pics.

momofalab is offline Senior Member

Great Pictures, she looks great. Also from first hand expierence, watch the hair. I have long hair also, and Pitch loves to chew it. The kids next door thought it was cute when he was younger to wave their hair a him to get it...well now that he is older, it HURTS!!!! Hard to break him of it now.

I too didn't know about grapes till I came here. Amazing what you can learn from a bunch of dog lovers.

-Shannon

georgie is offline Senior Member

Toshi is so cute.

Hi Matthew..here's a bit of advice..Dakota was a biter...everything, feet, ankles, hands, arms, fingers..that habit has to be broken. I was told "never let a dog put any part of your body in it's mouth". When Dakota would bite us..I would stick a toy in his mouth. Now he very rarely mouths us, or bites us...sometimes if he gets riled up in playing he will try..but we just say "no bite", or eh eh eh..and he stops. Just a bit of advice..toys..lotsa toys..and no biting/mouthing humans. And yes..grapes are a no no..I have birds..and I have to be careful none of their grapes are on the floor where he can get to them. I do feed him baby carrots as low calorie treats and sometimes some fruits/apples/cantaloupe, but just a little bit.
    Toshi is adorable..beautiful face.. Jackie

Quote Originally Posted by Toshi
    Ahh I just did a bit of research on grapes and raisins, and yup thats a new one on me. I've always fed my dogs grapes, but as reports say only in large quantities are they toxic & lethal. For the record she only had 1 grape, and never ate it entirely, just played with it and squished it. Anyway, thx for the heads up and Toshi will never get another grape!

As far as Toshi biting me, thats just about all she likes to do is chew on my fingers and arms. Its not very hard anymore, and more like just having her mouth on me and tasting me. Only when she is really wound up does she bite harder than she should....I plan to work on stopping the biting but its gonna take more time.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast