Took Monty to Connecticut last week...(photo intense)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Took Monty to Connecticut last week...(photo intense)

CaliforniaLabLover is offline Senior Member

DefaultTook Monty to Connecticut last week...(photo intense)

It was so incredibly beautiful there...I'll bet it is stunning in the autumn!

A photo op by the ocean (no dogs allowed on the sand, yet, though we had some fun in the mud before the photo!):

And a few from the park we were in-

And what New England visit is complete without the obligatory stone wall backdrop?

Here is what was occurring beyond the stone wall...a college cross-country meet:

Monty kept finding sticks to chew on-

And a hot dog headshot (it was pretty warm and humid there...I still have the mosquito bites on my arms to prove it, LOL)-

In the hotel room on Saturday night with his dinosaur stuffy (we call this "givin' nibbins")- He looks like he's out for the kill in this one, LOL:

Oh, and I just thought this one was funny- got back to the room in time to find the dogs zonked out after dinner one night. Here was Monty's idea of a comfortable position, LOL-

~Julie, Rogue, Monty, and Eddy~

"The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue." -Anon

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Bob Pr. is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Took Monty to Connecticut last week...(photo intense)

Nice!!

I think every area of our country has beautiful, striking landscapes and vistas -- but, having grown up in New England (Vermont), I always feel especially refreshed by a visit to its countryside and its Federalist (circa 1785-1815) architecture.

You apparently missed out on seeing Woodstock (or Brandon, or Middlebury) VT, or the coastal villages and shoreline of Maine, among many other areas?

Too bad, maybe next time?

And it IS stunning in autumn when the leaves reach their height of color glory. Each fall took my breath away at its peak -- I'd never remember it being so gloriously beautiful. There are color changes of leaves in many areas -- Kansas, where I now live, Colorado, where I sometimes visit, but nothing as intense as Vermont at the peak of its fall season.

Unfortunately, the word is out and the highways and byways of Vermont, its inns, motels, B&Bs, campgrounds, etc., are clogged with millions of leaf peepers.

The absolute center of the typical 3-day "Peak" of the season having the most intense coloration used to be roughly around October 15th, maybe minus 4 or plus 10 days, depending on that year's particular climate, as best I remember.

But with our present global warming, I think it's becoming much more unpredictable although skewed in a later direction. Visitors making reservations in advance (a necessity) have to play a colored leaves lottery.

But resident Vermonters, as their just rewards, always experience each year's 3 day festival of most intense color, whenever it "falls". ;D
    Puff [YF, AKC field line (from competing HT/FT breeder) 62 lbs, dob: 8-'01]

Bess [BF, AKC bench line (from competing show breeder) 55 lbs., 1967-1981] "Poor Bess, the Wonder Dog":
    http://forum.justlabradors.com/showt...?p=748#post748

liveelayne is offline Senior Member

Nice pictures! LMAO @ Monty's comfortable sleeping position! Amazing what they think is comfortable! He is so handsome! :-*

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Pretty!!

Whereabouts in CT were you? (brings back memories...)

georgie is offline Senior Member

Beautiful pictures. Monty's sleeping position doesn't look to comfy....silly labs.

Good pictures! Monty is SUCH a handsome dog!

pj

beautiful pics!

i just love monty, the stick and crate ones are hilarious!

CaliforniaLabLover is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by henrysmom
    Whereabouts in CT were you? (brings back memories...)
    We flew into Hartford, headed to North Stonington for 4 days, and then followed the coast a bit Saturday morning before heading back up to Enfield to stay before heading back out Sunday evening (I had to work Monday). On my way back up to Enfield, I kindof just started following roads and checking out all of the little towns I passed along the way. My favorite was East Hampton, where when I stepped out of the car to check out a little antique shop going into the old bank building (very cool- they were even setting things up in the open vaults with their huge, ornate metal doors!), the church bells were chiming the hour and then broke into about 4-5 different songs/hymns. It was such a neat, nostalgic moment. (sigh)

Bob, I didn't get a chance to go to any other states...just not enough time. It was interesting being in an area where the states are all so small, though, because around the west coast, it is a much longer trip from state to state. I loved it...it is so incredibly beautiful there. Being a native Seattlite, though, natural rivers and lakes/ponds, the ocean, and LOTS of green/trees is very important to me. It is much, much different than the area around L.A. where I live now.

~Julie, Rogue, Monty, and Eddy~

"The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue." -Anon

Gorgeous shots of 'the man'...where was Libby? Where is her moment with the stone wall LOL

Canyon Labradors is offline Senior Member

I HEARD you were on the East Coast from a fellow lab show person (Suzanne and her choco George!)...I thought maybe you had entered an EC show. So you and Monty took a trip? I am still too nervous to think about flying my doggies anywhere...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast