Not All Pit Bulls are mean

Thread: Not All Pit Bulls are mean

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

DefaultNot All Pit Bulls are mean

The other day I was out walking Tal and I'm not sure how this happened but came face to face with another man walking his Pit Bull. Not the same fellow who lives next door. He never walks his, but I digress.

Anyway, I've seen this guy walk his Pit and play with it out in his yard. Long story short, I think if they had been off leash Tal and the Pit would have had a great time playing. All either of them wanted to do was sniff and get to know eachother and play. No growling, teeth, aggression or anything. If all Pits were like this one, who apparently has a good owner, then there would not be a problem with the breed. So sad the dogs have to pay a high price for crappy owners.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Not All Pit Bulls are mean

I totally agree, I have a friend that had one and she was sweet as she could be.

There is one that comes to our dog park named Truman. Truman's owners found him in a box dumped on the side of the road in the middle of winter. From the time they got him Truman has been socialized with other dogs. He doesn't know he is a Pitty. Just a side note. Pete the dog from the old "Our Gang" series was a Pit Bull and he was the most well mannered dog ever.
    Olie

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

mattgusmum is offline Senior Member

I have to agree with you. They can be the nicest, softest dogs you ever meet!

Won't someone please feed me!

there are a few Pitts at our dog park that are sweethearts - one that I particularly like is named Brad (Brad Pitt - hee) - such a sweetheart.

Felix Guest

Ofcourse there are well behaved Pitbulls around in the world ... But as usual, it always come's up to their bosses who make the dog, if you get what i mean

And over here Laika play's from time to time with a black male Staffordshire, he's also a adorable fellow ;D