I did email the company about Old Mother Hubbard treats.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I did email the company about Old Mother Hubbard treats.

georgie is offline Senior Member

DefaultI did email the company about Old Mother Hubbard treats.

I just got an email from Old Mother Hubbard. My girls really like their treats "Bitz" & "Meaties" They are tiny treats & good for training but I stopped buying treats when the recalls started. I like their products & I think I will get a few bags of their treats. They also make Wellness fodd.

What do you folks think?

Thank you for taking the time to write about Old Mother Hubbard®.

All of our foods are made in either the United States or Canada.

Our manufacturing partners make our recipes according to our quality and ingredient standards.

We have strict procedures in place at ALL of our manufacturing facilities to clean between each run of food that is produced. We also inspect the plant regularly to audit ALL their procedures. Since we take our quality very seriously we go above and beyond what is expected in the industry. We are happy to tell you that we require our facilities to pass an audit by Cook & Thurber, a HUMAN FOOD auditing firm. They have a great website that explains what they do and their strict requirements. They can be found at http://www.nsf.org/business/NSF_cook...gram=NSFCooThu

Thanks again for contacting us.

Heather Rowe
    Representative
    Consumer Affairs

000039738A

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: I did email the company about Old Mother Hubbard treats.

I have looked at the ingredients on various products made by Old Mother Hubbard and thought they sounded fine. Can't say I've ever bought any though, only because Cooper can be a bit fussy on treats and I found the OMH products a bit on the expensive side. Didn't want to spend top $ for treats that Cooper might not like....

Did they send you any coupons?! Any time I have sent "attaboy" emails to companies, 9/10 they send me some good coupons!!!

Bev.
    <br /><br />&quot;Maintiens Le Droit&quot;

Lexis Mom is offline Senior Member

Thanks for posting this!

Nice to know this about Old Mother Hubbard treats. I feel Lexi both Bitz and the Peanut Butter biscuits. She loves them more than any other treats I've offered her.

My pretty girl, Lexi!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

imported_bearsdad is offline Senior Member

Here's what bothers me about any food company... Manufactured in the US does mean all components are of US origin. So lets say the US or Canadian company that makes them uses Vitamin C (85% of the vitamin C in the US comes from China) and that Vitamin C somehow has arsenic in it, and is not in my food. This just what happened with the last recall only it was wheat gluten from China and made by a US company. Many people foods contain components manufactured off-shore and could experience the same problem.
    <br /><br />&quot;in moments of joy, all of us wish we possessed a tail we could wag.&quot;<br />w.h. auden<br /><br />&quot;This is worse than a divorce... I&#39;ve lost half of my net worth and I still have my wife&quot;

Bev- No coupons. :

Bearsdad - Do you think I should have asked where they get their ingredients from? I did ask Purina where they get there corn gluten from. Customer service person said..not from China.

My girls love the OMH treats but I topped buying them. I really wish I could trust these companies.

Maybe I will call them this time. :

Quote Originally Posted by georgie
    Bearsdad - Do you think I should have asked where they get their ingredients from? I did ask Purina where they get there corn gluten from. Customer service person said..not from China.
    Some companies will not tell you where, but like purina they will they are not from where ever. This whole food, treats, and toy thing is un-nerving. Our companions depend on us to make the right choices for them, and its getting harder to do so. I still buy some Wellness treats and feel comfortable with them.
    <br /><br />&quot;in moments of joy, all of us wish we possessed a tail we could wag.&quot;<br />w.h. auden<br /><br />&quot;This is worse than a divorce... I&#39;ve lost half of my net worth and I still have my wife&quot;

Thanks Bearsdad. I feel bad, the only treats they get are Cheerios. But I bought a couple bags of the OMH treats & when I didn't see where it was made, I emailed them. I have been giving the girls some Bitz treats. It is scary these days.

I guess this is more unnerving because I saw a program on Good Morning America yesterday that said...even if it says 'Made in USA" that isn't necessarily all true. It may be assembled in the USA but the parts are from China. They weren't talking about food though. But it made me think.

PhoebeJeebies is offline Senior Member

Ok, there was an Old Mother Hubbard recall? I have been feeding Phoebe their treats and I never heard of such a thing. Which products was it for, or was it for basically all Old Mother Hubbard products?
    Becca & Phoebe

No...there was no recall. I started giving them to my girls again. They love them. We were just talking about where they make their products & where the ingredients come from. Their products were never on any recall list.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoebeJeebies
    Ok, there was an Old Mother Hubbard recall? I have been feeding Phoebe their treats and I never heard of such a thing. Which products was it for, or was it for basically all Old Mother Hubbard products?

No.. don't worry. Georgie is just trying to make sure that the treats are made in and from US or Candian products before she feeds them to her girls.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast