Grrr...2 dogs equal double trouble
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Grrr...2 dogs equal double trouble

DefaultGrrr...2 dogs equal double trouble

My daughter called me at work on Fri when she got home from school (she does this everyday). This time, she said "Murray destroyed all your Costa Rican coffee". I brought it back for gifts for my family. I wasn't home last weekend so I was going to ship it out this weekend. Well not now. >

I get home, open the garage and I can already smell the wonderful aroma of this fabulous coffee. I go inside and it looks like the coffee bags (yes bags...plural) exploded all over the house. Ground coffee is on every surface, in every nook and cranny, in every room, in the carpet, all over the tile, you name it. (As a side note the house smelled WONDERFUL...pretty expensive room deodorizer though : ). Murray is in Essy's crate. Essy is out running amuk thru the coffee tracking it everywhere hence the reason it is in the carpet, in every room, etc. >

I asked Meghan if Murray was out of the crate when she got home (I had left both dogs out) and she said no he was in Essy's crate (my son put him there after finding and leaving the mess apparently). I have been leaving both dogs uncrated and they have been ok until Thur when "someone" decided to chew hunks out of a roll of paper towels and eat a book. Everyone blamed Murray but that isn't his usual MO so I left them out again on Fri...ok call me a slow learner. : Everyone again blamed Murray for the coffee episode but I stood up for him...again. This just isn't the type of mess he makes. He is very specific when he destroys something. He targets a specific person's things and makes sure to leave it in a place you will see it as soon as you walk in. This mess was very non specific. It looked like someone was trying to redecorate the house. Imagine everyone's surprise while I'm vacuuming up coffee, and Essy decides to puke up coffee on the carpet. : I KNEW it wasn't my boy!

Murray has been pardoned and Essy's parole has been revoked. Left them this way on Sat and Sun with no issues. The defense rests its case.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Grrr...2 dogs equal double trouble

Poor Murray getting the blame. Isn't that always the case the good one did it and the bad boy gets blamed.

georgie is offline Senior Member

So glad you pardoned Murray. Poor boy. I wonder if he went in Essy's crate when he saw what was going on? I bet it was a mess but I still had to chuckle at your story.

I wonder what Murray was thinking when he saw what Essey was doing?

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Naughty Essy!!! (and poor Murray!! )

I don't envy you having to clean up that mess, but I bet your house smells good!!!

I had to laugh while reading the whole thing unfold...
    Poor Murray - glad the real mess-maker fessed up!!

Kate3jays is offline Senior Member

Wouldn't you just love to have a "Nanny cam" to spy on our furbabies whilst we are out of the house, i bet it is so funny to watch them getting up to mischief- not so funny on the other hand to come home and discover it!!

At least you found out who the culprit was....labs, you've got to love 'um!!

"some days you are the dog, some days you are the tree!"
    Kate mom to Jed Jasmine and Joelly
    http://www.glosmerelabradors.co.uk/#

pbc
    pbc is offline Senior Member

Pictures of the mess would have been beneficial to us. This episode sounds like something Andy's (Labdad) dogs would do. If your PR coffee is anything like our Pinon coffee we special order I can imagine how upsetting this would be. Glad you won the debate over who was guilty.
    Guest poster - original forum July 2001. Member 2002. nbsc

LMAO, but not really, did you read about my greasey situation last week?

I just know Ruby is not capable of these things, and sure enough, when Rhys was hurking up oily bile, Ruby miraculously was vomit free!

I don't think she's been guilty in a L o o o o n g time. Rhys on the otherhand, Lord love him!

I feel for you, and Murray, you are a good boy Murray!

theoconbrio is offline Senior Member

Oh, NO. What a mess. I'm so sorry! Well, at least your house smells nice.

Poor Murray. Framed again!

2yellowlabs is offline Senior Member

Lydia - What a story and what a mess to clean up. Your family will have to visit just for the chance to smell what they could have been drinking. Sometimes it is hard to locate the guilty party when there is more than one candidate. B
    Betsy
    Kelleygreens Couer D'Or, CGC,CD, RAE2 - Doro - Nov. 21, 1995 to Jan. 14, 2010
    Kelleygreens The Shamrock Kid, CGC, OM, UDX2, RE, NA, NAJ, AXP, AJP, ASCA CDX, - Shamrock
    Kelleygreens The Few, The Proud, CGC, CDX, GN, NA - Recon

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast