Sam had me up all night

Thread: Sam had me up all night

bibber is offline Senior Member

DefaultSam had me up all night

I feel like I have a hangover, but I think it's just lack of sleep. I didn't go to bed until midnight and Sam got me up at 3 a.m. He just couldn't get still and he was groaning a little bit and licking his lips a lot. He always licks his lips before he throws up, so I was really worried that he was going to vomit, but he didn't. He kept flopping himself all over our bed and would jump down, and then back up. I could tell his tummy hurt. I let him out and he peed, but was back to the same behavior when we tried to go back to bed. I gave him a gas-x pill but that didn't make a difference. This went on for three hours. I wasn't sure what to do, but I was so worried about him and wanted to stay awake to listen to make sure he was ok. Finally at about 6 I gave him his breakfast and another gas-x pill, and he's seemed fine since then so we got a little more sleep. Of course, SU slept through the whole thing, even though we were in and out of bed about 5 times and even slept in the guest room downstairs for a while. :-\

Brenda, Sam & Bodie

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

mollyrock is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Sam had me up all night

poor Sam...poor you Brenda.
    Lucy smacks her lips too and can't settle in her crate at night if she isn't feeling good or she is about to throw up.
    Like you, I am awake all night checking and letting her in and out. and like you, my SU usually sleeps through the whole thing.
    Hope Sam is better today.
    Take it easy today...maybe you can sneak in a nap somewhere/

4yelloweyedogs is offline Senior Member

Hope Sam is better today, .... AND tonight !!

Melissa
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.

http://theyelloweyedog.weebly.com/

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

georgie is offline Senior Member

I hope Sam is feeling better today. Molly & Abby lick their lips alot before they throw up. Maybe he had an upset tummy. I hope you & Sam get some sleep tonight. I had to chuckle about your SU....mine is like that....could sleep through an earthquake. :