I probaly lost a few friends.
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I probaly lost a few friends.

georgie is offline Senior Member

DefaultI probaly lost a few friends.

This is probably the only place I can talk about this. Hubby left this morning, with Abby, for two weeks of duck hunting in Canada. A group of freinds from work asked me to go on a cruise, which was this week. I declined. One of the girls could not find someone to share a room with & therefore did not get to go.

Why when you tell the truth do people think you are crazy? I told them I did not want to board Molly. I knew she would be moping around anyway because of hubby & Abby being gone. I took a vacation this week coming up to spend time with Molly.

Well I could see the facial expressions on the girls & they have been noticeably "cooler" to me. I think if they were true friends, they would understand.
    Hubby said Molly would be okay & that I should go on the cruise. But at least he understood why I wouldn't go.

I know there is no right or wrong answer, I also have nothing against boarding dogs, I just didn't feel this was a good week to go. Thanks for listening. I guess I just wanted to vent and I know there are people on the forum who will understand.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

lablover is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: I probaly lost a few friends.

Well, you still have a friend in me. I would have done the very same thing.

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

Well, I'm still your friend

Obviously you are hanging around the wrong crowd. Expand your horizons and make some doggy friends. That's what I've done

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

MyLabsMom is offline Senior Member

I understand 200%.

With that said though, I've been in your shoes and had those "looks", too. Those people will never understand us, and we'll never understand them. Sometimes I wish that I didn't worry or be concerned so much, but it is what it is and I can't help it.

Enjoy your week with Molly, Georgie! Share an ice cream together!
    Brenda from Connecticut

WeHeartLabs is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by lablover
    quote for TRUTH!
    <br /><br />

imported_azlab is offline Senior Member

I wouldn't have gone either.
    Karon<br /><br />

RangerMom is offline Senior Member

Would have and have done the same thing. I know that non-doggy people don't always understand. Maybe because to them a dog is just a pet. I've found that my dogs mean so much more to me. And I like hanging with the dogs. Not that I am anti-social either. Sometimes, it isn't a good week to be away.

Blackie and Ranger ...............................Reggie: 1996-2010 "Fly Reggie Fly"

Baloo317 is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by lablover
    Quote for DITTO!!!!

I really need to make more "doggie" friends. My other friends really just don't get it. : :P
    Kate
    Baloo - 5 year old black lab
    Peanut - 7 year old minpin
    Monster - 3-ish year old frenchie/jack, rescue
    We're Superdogs!

georgie is offline Senior Member

You folks sure make me feel better. Those of you who have been on the forum for awhile remember when hubby & I did not go to Aruba with our good friends because Molly had just came to us from the breeder & we did not want to leave her at the breeder's so soon. We no longer are good friends with that couple.

But the girls from work surprised me. The one lady has a malamute & insisted I board Molly where Nasdaq would be. She was visibly upset with me when I told her I wasn't going.

I have made several new friends from our retriever club & I really enjoy them, like the people here, they understand. But I have to work with these people...thankfully I don't have to see them everyday, but the one is a doctor & I do have to interact with her more then the others. She does have to mention how "nuts" I am about my dogs. In fact, she will saw...."I can't believe she isn't going because of that damn dog." >

Oh well....guess I need to not worry so much. It's not like I socialze alot with these people, but I realzie now, there are dog people & then there are lab people. I think there is a difference. Sometimes I do think I am overprotective & paranoid about my dogs, but I never feel I sacrifice anything for them. I enjoy being with them.

I do think dogs have feelings, maybe not like humans, but they do. I know Molly would be very confused about being boarded, alone, without Abby, and she is more important then any old cruise.

Thanks for being my friends.

Edited to add: Rangermom is right. It just wasn't a good week to go. If hubby was home, I would have gone.

Mama3tikes is offline Senior Member

A week off, no hubby (sometimes that's nice, you know!) and a sweet lab to play with? I wouldn't have gone either, sounds like my idea of heaven being home! Enjoy your time with Molly and don't worry they will get over their disapointment.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast