Woohoo... good news on the scale for Lexi!!!

Thread: Woohoo... good news on the scale for Lexi!!!

Lexis Mom is offline Senior Member

DefaultWoohoo... good news on the scale for Lexi!!!

I just got in from the vet's office and we got awesome news!! ;D ;D ;D

At her annual check-up she weighed 76.2 lbs and the vet said she wanted her to lose some weight.

Miss Lexi got weighed today and *drum roll* she now weighs a slim & svelte 65.5 lbs... for a total loss of 10.7 lbs.

Then I traumatized her by having them trim her nails, but I think she'll live!!!

My pretty girl, Lexi!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Woohoo... good news on the scale for Lexi!!!

WOWZAH!!!

Way to go, Lexi!!

georgie is offline Senior Member

Way to go, Lexi.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

atta girl Lexie !!!!!

RangerMom is offline Senior Member

High Paw Lexi! That's quite an accomplishment. Maybe your Mom will post pictures of you showing off your new svelte figure.

Blackie and Ranger ...............................Reggie: 1996-2010 "Fly Reggie Fly"

Quote Originally Posted by Rangermom
    High Paw Lexi! That's quite an accomplishment. Maybe your Mom will post pictures of you showing off your new svelte figure.
    I'll get momma to take some pics of me this weekend, so I can show off my awesome new figure.

My pretty girl, Lexi!

How long did it take for Lexi to loss the weight? Skye is on the weight loss path also, she has gained 10# in 5 months. Our vet's comment was "until she finishes Jenny Craig there will be no bikini on the beach for her". Any tips for the process? We have switched her to low cal, high fiber food and are trying to increase her exercise but with the season changing it's going to be hard.....Way to go Lexi!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mooselady
    How long did it take for Lexi to loss the weight? Skye is on the weight loss path also, she has gained 10# in 5 months. Our vet's comment was "until she finishes Jenny Craig there will be no bikini on the beach for her". Any tips for the process? We have switched her to low cal, high fiber food and are trying to increase her exercise but with the season changing it's going to be hard.....Way to go Lexi!!!!
    It took approximately 4 months, she weighed 76.2 lbs in late May and we are in late September with a weight of 65.5.

I did a couple things:

1. increased our morning walks, we used to 30 minutes, now I shoot for 40-45 minutes.
    2. cut back her food by roughly 1/2 cup or so & substituting green beans (or other carrots) for the missing food. She gets 1 C of food & 1/2 C of beans.
    3. limiting her treats

Add the veggies was easy because she likes them. In fact, if I don't put veggies in her food, she'll stand by her bowl looking at me until I add them.

No. 3 was especially true when we go to my parents. My dad used give her a whole large milkbone & we'd be there twice a day sometimes. When we had to cut back, I cut her back to half a milkbone. I think it helped too that my parents new neighbors have two Rotties & everytime we are over there she is always running around with Rudy & Katie.

My pretty girl, Lexi!