How long did you have to wait?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How long did you have to wait?

DefaultHow long did you have to wait?

Hi,
    I'm trying to find a male, English, yellow/white lab puppy but I'm having a lot of trouble. After deciding to purchase a new puppy, how long did you have to wait to find your dog due to availability?

Can anyone suggest a reliable list of reputable breeders or maybe make some suggestions? By the way, I'm in Atlanta, GA.

Thank You,
    Chapman

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

labby is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: How long did you have to wait?

I had someone wait 4 years for one of mine. You do know there are no such things as white, right? Don't get hung up on a shade, go for health and temperament.

I'm not sure what happened to the Lab Club in Atlanta's website, but this is it normally.
    http://www.galrc.org

Here are some breeders that I know to be reputable in GA

http://www.sumolabradors.com
    http://www.marmoye.com
    http://www.ophirlabs.com

Laura

I was looking for the same thing (male/yellow/english). Looked for 6 months before I found my boy! Expanded my search from Florida to Georgia, NC, SC, and Tenn! There were a lot in the Atlanta area, but timing was off for us. We got Jonah from North Carolina, but it was only about a 2 hour drive from Atlanta (although a 10 hour drive for us!), so maybe try expanding your search to some of the surrounding states.

I talked to Jenny at Ophir that Labby recommended, she's really nice. She had a yellow litter at the end of August that were already all taken at the time (we really wanted one of those), but I think she may have been planning another by the end of the year if I remember correctly (we found Jonah in the meantime).

Atlanta's lab club web site has been down for some time, I had tried it several months ago.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

MicksMom is offline Senior Member

We actually got lucky. It only took us a little over a week, I think, to find Caleb (might have been 2 weeks). It was a longer wait to bring him home!

EMA
    EMA is offline Senior Member

I'm a GALRC member (well, almost). I'm updating their site. There was a server problem that lost their site. There is a show there this weekend in Jonesboro - I can get the info if you want. Started today - maybe you could go down at 8 am tomorrow and sunday to meet breeders.

In addition to those that Laura (labby) provided, Bellathatch is a reputable breeder (www.bellathatch.com). I know a breeder an hour and a half away from Atlanta (also a club member) that had a light yellow male available (not sure now as of now).

Feel free to contact me and I can get you in contact with the referral person for the Atlanta Club.

So, PM or e-mail me if you'd like.

Elizabeth

labby is offline Senior Member

Always back up your site.

Thanks Elizabeth.

Laura

EMA
    EMA is offline Senior Member

I didn't do the site originally. I was approached by the president to update (I'm in school and she thought I wouldn't have time to design it). Someone else is designing - but I want to just do it myself its taking so long. Hopefully it will be done soon!

Dani is offline Senior Member

It took me 14 months to get my yellow show bred boy.
    Dani, Rider & Rookie
    SHR Watson's Safari Rider, JH, WC, CL1-R, RA, CGC, TDI
    SHR Endeavor Put Me In Coach, RN, WC, CGC

Member Since 6/2003

georgie is offline Senior Member

I was on a list for Abby from field lines. It was a little over a year before there was a litter & I got her. It was just fate how I got Molly. I saw her mother's picture on the breeder's website & I called to "just inquire" since it was only 2 months since Shadow died. The breeder said she just had Birdie artificially inseminated the day before. How weird is that. I mentioned I would like a black female.
    I moved to the head of the list when she found out Shadow's father was from a breeder who she trained with & had sent her male for stud to one of his females.
    What a small world, plus the fact I was crying when telling her about Shadow, I think she may have felt sorry for me. I only had to wait about 4 months.

Canyon Labradors is offline Senior Member

We waited 7-8 months for our first boy. 4 weeks for our first girl. 4 months for our 2nd girl.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast