Awww, Poor Cappy
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Awww, Poor Cappy

Cappy_TX is offline Senior Member

DefaultAwww, Poor Cappy

Cappy's on the mend for a couple days. Had to go in this morning to get something removed from his right eye. It was swoolen shut and had a mucous discharge that started about midnight last night. I gave him 25 MG Benadryl every 3 hours for the swelling when I couldn't see anything inside or obvious bite marks around the outside. About 9:30 this morning Doc removed a nasty splinter like object and my boy's gonna rest for a few days so it's Remi's turn to hunt with me on her own.

Cap also had his teeth cleaned while he was under so the poor old fella has a sore mouth and eye. Too bad he's already been neutered, we could done that at the same time too for a trifecta.
    Remi and Rusty aren't my whole life. They're trying to fill the hole in my heart left by Cappy's passing.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

penzpurlz is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Awww, Poor Cappy

Poor Cappy Get well soon. Be sure to pull on everyone's heartstrings so you get extra attention.
    Do you know how he got the splinter? I worry about Duke everytime he runs into the rose bushes or bougevilla chasing lizards. I'm sure he's going to get stuck one of these days.
    Penny from Sunny Southern California

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

I am dealing with eye issues here as well. I hope Cappy has a quick recovery. That had to have hurt!!!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Aw, the poor Capster. He should milk this R & R thing for all it's worth, I think! Extra cookies, snuggles and the like. Think he'll be miffed that Remi gets all the hunting action?!

Hope his eye is better soon.

Bev.

luke from georgia is offline Senior Member

sending good healing thoughts for your boy.
    get well soon, cappy!

"Properly trained, a man can be dog's best friend." ~ Corey Ford

Kate3jays is offline Senior Member

Oh poor Cappy baby, i hope you get better soon, enjoy your R&R you deserve it after going through that

"some days you are the dog, some days you are the tree!"
    Kate mom to Jed Jasmine and Joelly
    http://www.glosmerelabradors.co.uk/#

Cappy_TX is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by penzpurlz
    Do you know how he got the splinter?
    No, I don't. But I'll tell you what's even more difficult to understand.

Cappy hunts approximately 70 sessions per season. He's had 8 seasons so far so that means well over 500 hunt days where he's out running through upland fields and duck marshes in pursuit of his favorite past time.

In addition to actual hunting days during season, he trains at least 3 times a week for the other 9 months of the year. By my calculations that is more than 850 additional days afield so far in his career. Combining the training and hunting days, Cappy has been out in all sorts of grasses, weeds, brush and vegetation at least 1,350 times, running full speed - face first ... and this is only the 2nd time he's gotten a foreign object in his eye that I had to have a vet remove. Amazing how they don't get a lot more.

One of the reasons my dawgs get a warm water wash down after every hunt or training session is that it gives me the opportunity to thoroughly examine their torso, legs, feet, face, eyes, etc for any signs of injury or other problems. I'm sure I could have missed many if I didn't religously follow that practice. Washing and rinsing them off by hand has also helped me locate the beginning of growths or small lumps that could easily otherwise be overlooked.

Remi and Rusty aren't my whole life. They're trying to fill the hole in my heart left by Cappy's passing.

RangerMom is offline Senior Member

Poor Cappy, I hope you feel better soon and out in the field doing what you love best.

Blackie and Ranger ...............................Reggie: 1996-2010 "Fly Reggie Fly"

4yelloweyedogs is offline Senior Member

Poor Cappy..... I hope his eye is better tomorrow......

Melissa
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.

http://theyelloweyedog.weebly.com/

feel better soon Cappy !!!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast