Neuter

Thread: Neuter

DefaultNeuter

Well, today, Petey (15 months old) is going to get neutered.
    We're choosing laser surgery, which is supposed to be less-invasive, less painful, and have a faster healing time. So I'm not so worried about him getting thru the surgery ok, but I'm just worried that when I drop him off this morning, he's going to look at me with those sad eyes and think that I'm abandoning him :/

I've already bought him a shitload of "guilt gifts" to give him tomorrow when he gets home.
    lol.

And here's the newest picture of my baby boy:

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Neuter

Great looking dog, and I'm sure he will love all the gifts you have bought him (but labs do tend to give us the eyes to make us feel guilty) I wonder if thats why we love them so much.

Samson is offline Senior Member

They bounce back at that age wihtout a second thought.

Jasper was 18 months when he was castrated and once the fur had grown back you would never even know that he had ever had a scrotum !

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

k8show is offline Senior Member

Hope everything goes well. Sounds like he's in good hands. He won't even know what happened. But, be prepared for him to be totally out of it tonight. Like samson said, he'll bounce right back (literally!) tomorrow.
    Katie and Boo

Just to let you know.. everything turned out fine!

The vet told me to call anytime after 2pm to see how Petey did. I called and the receptionist came back to the phone and said "He's doing wonderfully, and you can pick him up at anytime."

I said "I thought he was spending the night?"

She said "..he might heal better at home.. he seems kind of stressed here."

Stressed?

My poor baby.

So I went to pick him up, and the second I entered the reception area, I could hear him barking from wayyyy back in the building.

I brought him home, and he seemed a little "out of it" for a while (he was fully awake, just a little dopey lol). He seemed very uncomfortable all day, like he'd lay down, and then would get back up and lay in another position. I brought him outside to potty, and you can tell he was hurting when he was trying to go.

But then yesterday, he seemed so much better. Still not 100%, but definitely more like himself. I'm sure today, he'll be even better.

On the negative side, however, when I picked him up, they told me his fecal test showed he had "whipworm".

I bought his prescription for Panacur, which I'll give him for 3 consecutive days, then treat him again in 3 weeks, then again in 3 months. It said to mix the meds with "moist food", and I don't feed him canned food, so I mixed it with his plain yogurt and he gobbled it right up.

Also, when we got him in January, he was 7 months old and weighed 38 pounds.. he's now a respectable 61 pounds! And I didn't think he was a pound over 55! (He still has that lean look)

I'm just happy my babydoggy is home!

georgie is offline Senior Member

I am glad Petey is home & doing well. He is cute.

4yelloweyedogs is offline Senior Member

glad the surgery went well, and I think he will be back to his ole self soon !!

Melissa
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.

http://theyelloweyedog.weebly.com/

Kate3jays is offline Senior Member

So glad Petey is home safe and well- what did he think about his gifts?

"some days you are the dog, some days you are the tree!"
    Kate mom to Jed Jasmine and Joelly
    http://www.glosmerelabradors.co.uk/#

MyLabsMom is offline Senior Member

Glad things went well - lots of love to your baby!
    Brenda from Connecticut