Molly is acting strange :( hopefully a coincidence

Thread: Molly is acting strange :( hopefully a coincidence

AbbyandMolly is offline Senior Member

DefaultMolly is acting strange :( hopefully a coincidence

I'm hoping it's just because I ambushed her tonight for some stuff to go in her ears.

Our vet suggested mineral oil to break up gunk in her ears and to bring it to the surface for easier wiping. I squirted a bit in each ear and now she is acting VERY strange. She's pacing around, panting, and if I or anyone go to approach her she bolts, even if bribed with a treat. I let the pups out for the last potty break of the evening and she will NOT come inside. I tried to get her gently by the collar and she backed right out 2 times I just left her out for now (it's only been about 2 minutes). I'll go down in a minute or two and see if I can't get her in. She's doing the same thing out there, pacing and then she'll sit and pace around some more. I feel so terrible right now :'(
    *Stacey*
    ~Abby, Molly, and Penny (the honorary lab)

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

penzpurlz is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Molly is acting strange :( hopefully a coincidence

Is she any better now? I think the ambushing and feeling the stuff in her ears could be causing the reaction. Don't beat yourself up. You were only trying to help. I know that's easy to say, but we all feel helpless and so badly if our babies our hurting.
    Penny from Sunny Southern California

AbbyandMolly is offline Senior Member

I certainly hope so. She seems to be acting better today. I guess she was just angry at me for the ambush.

She's going to be angry again later when I wipe them out and put antibiotic drops in :
    *Stacey*
    ~Abby, Molly, and Penny (the honorary lab)

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

penzpurlz is offline Senior Member

Good Luck. Hope it goes better later. Duke has always hated to have his ears looked at or messed with. But we've reached a milestone. To back track. All I had to say was "let me look at your ears" or reach for the ear medicine, and he would make a bee-line for his kennel and not come out. But now, the bribe of a cookie finally works. He's not happy and he will slowly come out...looking like you have beat him. BUT, he must have that cookie ;D
    Penny from Sunny Southern California

2labcrew is offline Senior Member

Our vet gave us an ear cleaner that foams up inside, brings everything up, then you clean it. Kodi has the same reaction. He hates the regular cleanings, but I guess this stuff really felt weird. Pacing and panting the same way.

Hope she isn't too mad at you.
    Miriam , Digger, and Kodi