Dog class tonight with Angus :P

Thread: Dog class tonight with Angus :P

AngusFangus is offline Senior Member

DefaultDog class tonight with Angus :P

We just had a really fun night and I felt like sharing.

Last week I had Simon at heeling class. I am playing musical dogs this session, and rotating the two between two classes: Level 4 and heeling. So this week was Angus' turn at heeling class.

Oh boy. He was SO excited to be there. He was so excited, in fact, that Mr. Peepers came out as soon as we walked in the door, and remained in full glory throughout the evening. :

He made a new girlfriend, Anna, a Belgian Malinois who belongs to one of the very experienced members. She (the member) made a comment about Simon last week. I was playing on the floor with Simon and I looked up and saw her watching us with this huge grin on her face. "Too bad you don't like your dog..." she said. Oops, busted!

Tonight she was watching Angus as we did a zig-zag heeling exercise. When we finished, we fell behind her in the line. "Your dog has such WONDERFUL attention!" ;D Awww! I fessed up that it was just because I had chicken in my mouth. We talked for a little while about training. She is very nice. I think she likes my doggies.

Angus did the most beautiful recall of the night. Truly, that is his strong suit. I really have got to figure out how to post videos and show you guys. He looks like he's been shot out of a cannon. When I call him, he just DIGS IN, like OH BOY OH BOY OH BOY, I cannot WAIT to get to you because it is going to be SO MUCH FUN! ??? I love watching him do it. And tonight he did it amongst dog toys that were strewn about the ring, without even giving them a second glance. Nice job, monekyman!!!

Ah, then the stays. We are having a little problem with those, with both boys I'm afraid. Oh well, can't win 'em all. He got up on the sit THREE TIMES! I'm hoping it's just that he's out of practice. Or maybe Mr. Peepers was distracting him. Mr. Peepers' favorite time is stays.

Anyway! Fun night! Good stuff!

Connie and "The Boys":
    Angus, Yellow Lab, CGC, RE, CD
    Simon, d.b.a. Flat Coated Retriever, CGC, RE, CD

Gone ahead, but forever in my heart:
    Crash, Pit Bull x Rottweiler x Golden Retriever

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Dog class tonight with Angus :P

LOL!!! Way to go, Angus (and Mr.Peepers!)!!

Connie, your stories are the best!!

I think Henery and Angus are brothers separated at birth. Henery has an equally exuberant recall, and stays are our downfall as well. He particularly does NOT like down/stay. He gets all shifty and wiggly. You've seen those dogs that just roll onto their sides and nap for 3 minutes? Not my Henery. "CanIgetupnow?CanIgetupnow?CanIgetupNOW?"

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

Sounds like a great class. Mr Peepers does like to show himself with these boys, doesn't he, LOL! I too would like to be able to post some video's of my dogs, but I don't have a digital video camera You need to figure it out so we all can see Angus doing that recall

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

penzpurlz is offline Senior Member

Oh Connie, I love your stories. I've got to remember the chicken in the mouth. Duke will do anything for food.
    Penny from Sunny Southern California

Emma the Lab is offline Senior Member

Sounds like you had a wonderful time!! WTG Angus!

BTW I really like Malinois. Gorgeous dogs. Very ACTIVE, but still gorgeous to watch.
    ~Veronica and Nikki~
    Sweet Emma, 16th of February 1996~26th of November 2010
    Always in my heart and soul. Together forever, my love....

Nikki 6 months

http://theblacklabrador.blogspot.com/

4yelloweyedogs is offline Senior Member

Wonderful story...... I think she was smiling at you, because the LOVE shines through !! Anyone can tell your dogs love you and the feeling is mutual.....

Melissa
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.

http://theyelloweyedog.weebly.com/

Kate3jays is offline Senior Member

I can feel the love and pride you have for your boys ooozzing through my computer screen, you sound like a lovely dog mommy, i love reading your threads, they are always informative, knowledgable or funny-

"some days you are the dog, some days you are the tree!"
    Kate mom to Jed Jasmine and Joelly
    http://www.glosmerelabradors.co.uk/#