Ever been bitten?

View Poll Results: Just curious. I can honestly say I've never been actually bitten. You?

Voters
70. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

44 62.86%
  • No.

26 37.14%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ever been bitten?

Chester B. Dickens is offline Senior Member

DefaultEver been bitten?

Been around dogs my entire life. Been asst training for something like five years. Never been bitten. Closest I came was when Wes chomped down on roadkill at the exact time I was attempting to remove it from his maw. My finger caught on one of his teeth and produced blood, but I don't consider that a bite.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

JacobAlthea&Tatum is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Ever been bitten?

I was bitten several times as a child. I'm certain that those experiences contributed to my life long fear of dogs.
    I'm Jenn. Keeper of two labs in my home and one forever in my heart.

Throw the ball, damn it!

BoatDog is offline Senior Member

Once - but my fault not the dogs...when Morgan was a puppy, I had on bib overalls - and was dumb enough to have treats in the front flap pocket. He jumped up on me in the La-Z-Boy, and tried to get the treats by biting the pocket and my boobs...without thinking I made a fist and slugged him (instinct - hurt like hell!). He never bit or mouthed again - and I felt like a bad mom for days!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Labs4life is offline Senior Member

I was bitten,actually attacked by a mix breed shepard when I was 16. I was running during a training run for HS X-country when this dog busted it's chain,bit me in the cheek and jaw and knocked me into a roadside ditch. It gnawed on my arm before the owner could get to it. I got a face full of stitches and some bruises.

The owner's insurance picked up my medical expenses and gave me a check for $1,500.00. This happened before "lawsuit" was a common word.

I don't fear dogs,but I do fear running! ;D
    The Constitution is suppose to guarantee everyone the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness, but the Constitution does not guarantee everyone equal outcomes.
    Some people are more talented, educated, thieving and dishonest than others.

zoesmom is offline Senior Member

Never been bitten other than when Zoe was a mouthy puppy. :
    Linda and Zoë, the Umlaut
    Honolulu, Hawaii

[

Dakkerdog is offline Senior Member

3 times and all by small dogs. First time by a poodle we adopted from my aunt. It bit my hand and broke the skin but it didn't need stitches. 2nd time by my SUs uncles little dog - not sure of the breed. Terrier type, it actually bit my face when I bent down to do something. I guess I was just too close! And the 3rd time was a friend of mine had a dog she wanted me to meet. She had him in the car and I put my hand out for him and he bit it and broke skin. Obviously terratorial - I've learned my lesson about approaching small dogs. All of these happened over 10 years ago. I'm much smarter now.

Sharon, loved by Moose & Sky

Not by a dog, but by ferrel kitten. I was trying to trap them to bring them to the vet to be vaccinated and spayed/neutered and saved from my father killing them. > He hates cats. But.... this one cute one was not coming out from behind bales of hay so I stuck my hand behind there and the scared tiny thing grabbed my hand and bit me BAD! I had to go through the series of rabies shots because we couldn't trap the cat to test it. OUCH! Shots between fingers wasn't fun. This was only few months ago.

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

Three times. Unprovoked attack from 20-30 feet away. All three times by Dachsund, three different Dachsunds. Neighbor across the street has two Dachsund, one would tear me apart if it got the chance. No idea why they don't like me, must be chemistry. I don't dislike the breed, but am probably cautious enough around them that they can sense the nervousness. Never bitten by any other dog, not afriad of any dog. (Exception: Car dealer guard dog got loose from fenced area and was displaying threatening behaviour. I ran for building and he chased jumping up and snarling at door.)
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

rottnlab dad is offline Senior Member

A couple times when I was a late teen. Never since I've been a dog owner.

Bella

Rukus only bit when he was a puppy...never since he got his big boy teeth. Unless you count when he gets too excited for a treat and almost takes my entire hand off. :

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast