Day Three...

Thread: Day Three...

Nikki is offline Senior Member

DefaultDay Three...

Today did not start out good. We met a puff ball (looked like a really dirty Bishon (sp)) coming off the elevator. It was off leash. The woman stood there and watched as her dog came up and started sniffing Mac - she did absolutely nothing. Just as I started to say "Lady, get a grip on your dog!" , this puff ball goes ballistic on Mac - snapping and snarling. Mac, bless her heart, just looked at me as if to say... "Mom, if I can't eat it, make it stop!"... what a great day....

I finally left Mackenzye alone in the apartment - only for about 1.5 hours. I videoed her to she what she would do. She paced, she layed down by the patio door, she barked a few time, she layed down, she whined - followed by 30 seconds of howling, she layed down & barked again when I came to the door....

I guess that is not bad considering she has not been alone since she was 2.5 yrs....

I really hope she, and I, will adjust ok...

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Day Three...

How old is Mac now? Maybe I missed a previous post where you said it, sorry. Nice that you were able to video what she was doing while you were away. Do you leave a radio on for her? I have started doing that for Cooper and I'm not sure if it makes any difference but he seems fine when I come home. We used to have problems a few years ago in that he would chew on himself, usually on his side, when we were gone. Separation anxiety, I guess. Since I started leaving the radio on when I go to work in the a.m., I haven't noticed any chewing. Just a big yawning dog when I walk in the door! ;D (My husband is worried though that I leave the radio tuned to a country station - said Cooper is going to become depressed from all the "hurtin' music"!!! Too funny!)

Bev.

TangerineFizz is offline Senior Member

Aw, Nikki, it sounds like she's going to adjust okay. I think that's pretty cool you video'd her!! Did you leave a radio on or anything for her? When do you start your new job?
    Me, Abzilla and the Helomonster.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Nikki is offline Senior Member

Bev - Mac is 7. I leave the TV on... always have, even when she was with Maggie (RIP). I think it helps. At leaset it masks some of the city noises she is not used to...

Kaurina, I start work next Wednesday. :-\

Awww, Mac!!

I used to leave the TV on for Henery... Food Network . Just for some noise. Do Kongs help??

I'm PMing you, but no work fun thingie tomorrow, so you wanna play?? How's Mac off-leash? Or would you rather go walkies?

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

We leave a radio on with listening or folk music on it. HK is perfectly happy and knows when she is put in her hallway and the music is turned on, she will be there for a while and immediately lays down on her bed,
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.