Just Labradors banner

Dog sitters in the DC area...anyone want a spoiled pup for a couple weeks?

2K views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  Enders Dad 
#1 ·
Well, looks like it finally might be happening and happening soon. I'm going to be moving to DC here in a bit, it may even be on very short notice and I MIGHT need somewhere for Ender to be for a week or two while I find a place. I can crash at a friend's house but I'm not 100% sure what the dog policy is there. I was going to bring Ender to my best friend's parents in Cincinnati since it's on the way, but they just rescued a pretty aggressive male labrador and I'm sure Ender wouldn't exactly fit right in there at the moment. My parents would take him but they're getting old and my mom doesn't want him in the main part of the house where he could shed all over everything, so he gets relegated to the super-huge finished basement/home theater when he spends the weekend or helps my dad around the lawn outside. So that may be out of the question.

I remember there was a lot of love for his royal spoiled highness prince Enderbender here on the forums and was wondering if there's anyone within an hour or two of Washington DC that would be willing to take the little (90 lbs big) guy as an absolute last resort while I get my affairs in order. It's not absolutely essential that I find a place for him to stay here, but I'd like to have a couple of backups if it comes to that. Thanks everyone.

#6 ·
Oh gosh Eric, I would keep him in a heartbeat! I'm not sure how well that might go over with my parents though. Let me see if I can talk to them about it. It's certainly worth a shot.

If you get a place and need somebody to come walk him a few times a week or on the weekends somebody to come play with him I'd be more then happy too :D I don't work Thursday-Sunday at the moment.

#12 ·
Eric,
I'm about 7 miles, as the crow flies from the D.C. line in Potomac, Maryland. If he doesn't pull on a leash I can take him. I have a really bad back and could not take 2 90 plus pound labs dragging me down the street. I also have a fenced back yard but would not leave Ender or Nellie outside unless I was with them. I work about 20 hours a week so am home most of the time.

One problem, I am going to Long Island for 4-5 days sometime the middle of October.

PM me and I'll give you my phone number and we can talk.

#15 ·
Sorry, I've been busy with work. He's definitely a puller. I'm not moving just yet, I just want to get my ducks in a row in the chance that I need to move quick. I'll get more serious about contacting people when I have a more firm timeframe and idea of living situations.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.