Labs and Rotties
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Labs and Rotties

DefaultLabs and Rotties

Following a thread about beagles, does anyone have Labs and Rottweilers? If so, how do you find the dynamic between the two?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Trickster is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Labs and Rotties

Are you looking into the breed?

I've never had a Rottie but I do like them. Well, I like the nice ones who are owned by responsible individuals, but that is the same for all breeds.

My dogs play well with the local friendly Rottie's in our area. They both enjoy an rough play. The females tend to be more easy going then the males. I think if I had to chose between a male or a female Rottie to live with a male Lab, it would definitely be a female.

Jen

We don't have a rottie. Cosmo and Neo do spend a lot of time with my in-laws rottie, Xena. They spent 14 days together this past summer.

Neo and Xena are inseperable. They both would cry if they were in different rooms to sleep in. Cosmo gets in a good game of bitey face with Xena and then could care less about her.

My inlaws have had rotties for the past 10+ years and the previous two were the biggest (150+ pounds) sweethearts. My father-in-law puts a lot of time into training his dogs.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

I had Rotts before I had Labs (hence my screen name ). I love the breed!

I've not owned the 2 breeds together but one of my training buddies had a Lab with her 2 Rotts (until the Lab passed away recently) and they always got along well. Now her 2 Rotts love to play with my 2 Labs. Her female is Murray's official girlfriend. They are inseparable. As was already stated, they have very similar rough and tumble play styles so they are well suited to each other.

This is Murray's girlfriend, Drew, laughing in the background while teaching him how to swim in the ocean (yes the Rottie had to teach the Lab how to handle the waves : ).

Thanks, everyone, for your replies to my post!

We just adopted a Rottie 57 (Cross with some Golden Retriever) named Riggsy on Saturday. Marlan and Riggsy are getting along good so far - although Mar is just a patient and gentle man who puts up with lots of puppy bites and mischeif (Wonder how long that will last)!!!!

Anyways here's some pics of our little 57...

tuckersmom is offline Senior Member

OMG! Soooo cute!!!! Congrats.

I too love Rotties, the ones I have met were 150lb lap dogs. Enjoy!

Lexis Mom is offline Senior Member

Marlansmum:

I only have a lab, but my parents neighbors have two rotties, a purebred male and a lab/rottie mix female. They absolutely adore my parents and my Lexi. Anytime I am over there, Lexi is always looking for them to play or just race around the yards. The male, Ruddy, weighs about 110 lbs and Lexi (all 70lbs of her) has no fear whatsoever about being right with him chasing a ball around. She's even gotten knocked over by Ruddy in hot pursuit of his football. She bounces right back up as if nothing happened.

The three of them are constantly bouncing around or Katie (the female lab/rottie) & Lexi are chasing each other around.

No issues between them, at least those 3.

My pretty girl, Lexi!

jzgrlduff is offline Senior Member

Oooooo, he's gorgeous!! He reminds me of that Duke dog in the commercials. Not the Bushs beans Duke, but the other one. He's on a commercial now where he tilts his head everytime someone opens and closes a ziplock bag.

"Each is a creature of Earth and is entitled to reside on it with dignity"

What a cutie!!! Love the furrowed brows in the last photo. Watch out...you've got a serious thinker on your hands and that only means one thing...TROUBLE! ;D

Oh, I want to kiss that face!!!! Beautiful! :-*

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast