I need a home for my labs
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I need a home for my labs

vicki1tx is offline Member

DefaultI need a home for my labs

Hi everyone....I have been on the forum in the past and wish I had more time on it, but don't. I have a problem and if anyone is in the San Antonio area and can help with this and suggestions...please do. My asthma is getting bad and I am having to move out of my home here which I think is caked with mold and I am moving into another home shared with my stepdaughter for a while. Unfortunately we will not have the space or the fenced yard for Bo and Wyatt, my two labs. I am looking for a good home to give them to, or someone on this forum who would take care of them. They are both 2 yrs and three months old, and as of two wks ago, they are all updated on shots and they are both fixed. They are beautiful dogs and fixed. I had planned on doing flyers and going to vets here, but I wanted to post this on the forum first to see if I could get any responses. I will give them free to a good home. That is all I ask. If anyone can help, please contact me. My personal email is [email protected]

Thank you

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Tanya is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: I need a home for my labs

please do not your pups "free to good home". You NEVER EVER know what type of person will pick up such a dog. Be sure to do a home visit and talk at great lengths with anyone interested (even breeders with much experience can have a hard time finding the right home).

were your dogs purchased from a breeder? If so you have you been in touch with them (any good breeder would want their dogs back ASAP)

try some lab rescues in your area (they have experience at finding the right home):
    http://hotlabrescue.org/hotlab/index.jsp
    www.utahlabrescue.com
    www.arkansaslabradorrescue.org
    http://www.txlabrescue.org
    www.HoustonLabRescue.com

ETA - the rescues will probably be able to help you more if you offer to keep them with you until a new home is found (which I think you owe them - no fence isn't a big deal, I live in an apt - just means more walks in the meantime). Though if they have room it's best to let the rescue take the dogs (it will depend on their regulations and how many foster homes they have). But they will be an invaluable source of information - they often have line ups of potential homes.
    Charlie (foster) and Rocky

Baloo317 is offline Senior Member

I agree, go with a lab rescue.
    Kate
    Baloo - 5 year old black lab
    Peanut - 7 year old minpin
    Monster - 3-ish year old frenchie/jack, rescue
    We're Superdogs!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

imported_nellies mom is offline Senior Member

There are unscrupulous people who scan the newspapers for "free" animals. These are then sold to labs for research or worse for dog fights (labs are used to train pit bulls since most labs will not defend themselves in a fight). Please, Please, Please call your local lab rescue. PLEASE.
    <br />~~~~~~~~<br />Danie<br />Nellie, CGC<br />~~~~~~~~<br />The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated. -- Gandhi

AngusFangus is offline Senior Member

Yes, please no "free to good home."

I have heard stories about people showing up "posing" as a family. You think they are getting a good home, but how can you be sure?

Lab rescue is really the way to go. It might help if you could keep them for a time and have the Lab rescue post them on their Web site for you. Lab rescues are often short of foster homes, but I bet they would gladly post their pictures for you if you could care for the boys in the meantime.

Connie and "The Boys":
    Angus, Yellow Lab, CGC, RE, CD
    Simon, d.b.a. Flat Coated Retriever, CGC, RE, CD

Gone ahead, but forever in my heart:
    Crash, Pit Bull x Rottweiler x Golden Retriever

Thank you all for the good advice and I will go with the lab rescue. Thank you again

2labcrew is offline Senior Member

I just Contacted Barbi at Utah Lab Rescue with this link, hopefully she will see it.
    Miriam , Digger, and Kodi

hifive is offline Senior Member

Bummer.
    <br />To err is human: to forgive, canine

Rushpuppy is offline Senior Member

Please keep us posted as to the result of rehoming your two.

I will keep you all posted. Thanks for the great advice. This is going to hurt me so much to give them up. But for my own health and breathing, I think it is the best for me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast