Boarding Anxiety

Thread: Boarding Anxiety

Nikki is offline Senior Member

DefaultBoarding Anxiety

me, not Mackenzye...

I am really nervous about boarding her out. She suffers from Separation Anxiety and has never been to a kennel. I am really worried, with the move and all, how she will react. Thinking about her stressing so much make me really anxious - maybe I should take one of her pills

Oh la.......

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Boarding Anxiety

How long will she be in the kennel? I know what you are going through - and pretty much everyone on here will say the same thing - the first time is ever so difficult! We had to board Cooper when he was still a pup. We boarded him at the vet's, it was highly recommended by our neighbour who boarded her dogs there. It was fine but I still bawled my eyes out. I was sitting in the truck, crying when the vet tech came over to the vehicle. I rolled down the window, thinking she's going to give me some reassurance. All she said was, "I forgot to ask you - do you want us to bath him on the day you are picking him up?" Waaaaa!!!! Through my crying I managed to say yes...or at least, I must have, Cooper was fresh smelling when I picked him up!

Hang in there, your pooch will do fine. And you will too. Focus on the glorious reunion when you pick her up!

Bev.

2 days / 1 night lol... I normally wouldn't be so anxious, but we just moved (on Saturday) from the country to the city....

Thank you for the encouraging words....

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

2 days and 1 night will be great - think of it as a "dry run" for when you may have to lodge her in the future for a longer period. This way you get to check out the facilities, to see how they perform.

Good luck!

Bev.

Nikki, are you boarding Mac this weekend? I wish I didn't have to work Saturday!! I sooo would have watched Mac for you!!

Henery wants to know what Mac is doing on Wed night! We were supposed to have an office fun evening, but as of right now it's up in the air because a few peeps can't make it so we might have to reschedule it... (will prolly know by tomorrow), so if it gets moved, wanna come play??

PS. How was your first day??

Hey Felicia! How are you? YES! We would love to come over on Wednesday! I think it would be really good for her & me

I am boarding Mac. Looks like I am taking her to Watford - fingers crossed. I was really only looking for Sunday but since I have to leave so early on Sunday morning (6:30am ish), I have to send her out the day before.

My first day?! lol - I don't start until next week. I wanted to give Mac sometime to adjust.

I'll PM you our new #.

Thanks so much!!!

Kewl! I just PMed you back!