Well, I did it
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Well, I did it

AngusFangus is offline Senior Member

DefaultWell, I did it

I have finally caved in and done what we all knew I would do eventually.

I am taking Angus to a holistic vet.

His appt is next week. I mostly want to talk to him about the rabies vacs. Their vet used a three-year, and our state recognizes that, but our county does not. And, try as I might, I can't find anything in the law that answers my specific questions.

Their vet has said as far as he's concerned, they're protected. He didn't even push me to do Simon's the other day at his annual, as he knows I'm on a little tear about it.

But it worries me that I could somehow get into trouble, still. I need to talk to someone who will listen to all my "what ifs" and have definite answers. This holistic vet seems like the guy.

His receptionist said that they do rabies titers, and re-issue a tag based on those. ;D That sounds like good insurance. My vet will do rabies titers too, but he never mentioned re-issuing their number. He seemed to think of rabies titers as a way to prove immunity after it came into question.

So, anyway. It should be interesting. Who wants to bet on how much this conversation is going to cost me? :

Connie and "The Boys":
    Angus, Yellow Lab, CGC, RE, CD
    Simon, d.b.a. Flat Coated Retriever, CGC, RE, CD

Gone ahead, but forever in my heart:
    Crash, Pit Bull x Rottweiler x Golden Retriever

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Baloo317 is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Well, I did it

I hope you find your answers. And maybe a little peace of mind? Hopefully..?

Good luck!
    Kate
    Baloo - 5 year old black lab
    Peanut - 7 year old minpin
    Monster - 3-ish year old frenchie/jack, rescue
    We're Superdogs!

BudGirl8 Guest

I say we start a pool guessing how much it's going to cost connie. Then we can donate the winnings to her to help pay the bill. That way we all amuse ourselves for a few days.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by BudGirl8
    I say we start a pool guessing how much it's going to cost connie. Then we can donate the winnings to her to help pay the bill. That way we all amuse ourselves for a few days.
    hahaha! Yeaaaaaah, that's a great idea! ;D

Maybe we should have a contest...the person who guesses closest will win a book...or one of Angus' old chewed-up collars.

Connie and "The Boys":

MyLabsMom is offline Senior Member

Sounds good, Connie!!

I'm curious to know the results, as I've been on the fence to do the same.

My sister has just begun to bring her Cairn Terrier and so far is very happy. Price-wise - no different.
    Brenda from Connecticut

Quote Originally Posted by MyLabsMom
    Sounds good, Connie!!

I'm curious to know the results, as I've been on the fence to do the same.

My sister has just begun to bring her Cairn Terrier and so far is very happy. Price-wise - no different.
    Yeah, I was hoping you would see this! Looks like Kevin's just seeing it too. Surprise, Kevin!

Their office visit is about the same as our regular vet, so that seems good. I just hope they're not too big of herb-pushers. : I mean, I'm all for something he needs, but you know how some offices seem to try to make all their money selling you products?

I liked the lady I talked to on the phone. She actually works for Metro Animal Control, so she had a little insight that I was looking for on the rabies issue...

Connie and "The Boys":

BudGirl8 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by AngusFangus
    Quote Originally Posted by BudGirl8
    hahaha! Yeaaaaaah, that's a great idea! ;D

Maybe we should have a contest...the person who guesses closest will win a book...or one of Angus' old chewed-up collars.
    hehehheheh

I want a copy of the book where their pictures will be if I win...

4yelloweyedogs is offline Senior Member

Connie, I think that is an excellent step in the right direction, especially concerning vaccinations..... from what I've read we are over vaccinating our animals...... this whole scenario with Simon, more or less proves it in MY opinion...... some animals are more sensitive than others,.......and react differently than others.... I'll be very interested in hearing what you find out....... hmmmmmmmm....... price wise ? I bet it won't be so bad...... if we are going to start a guessing contest, here's MY guess ....... now this is just for the visit and consultation, right ?

I think it will cost about $75

Melissa
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.

http://theyelloweyedog.weebly.com/

I think is very smart to do....looking forward to hearing what the holistic vet has to say.

Connie, that's wonderful news!!!

Let us know what he says!

Henery and I have our 1st appt next Wed with a holistic vet (mostly to chat about his allergies/yeasties and general well-being). Eeeep!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast