Crate free
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crate free

Beachboys is offline Senior Member

DefaultCrate free

Just wanted to share. Mambo has been crate free for awhile now. We havent had one single issue. We don't even have the crate set up anymore. I was going to get rid of it, but thought "If" another puppy happened to want us we would be ready.

Mambo hasn't been allowed on the new bed in our room at night. It's a queen and just to small for everyone. He hasn't even tried. He loves his bed and sleeps through the night.

He gets to hang out with the kitties all day while I am at work. I come home to him laid out on the couch with the kitties.

I am so proud of him and love that my baby is growing up. ;D

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

jzgrlduff is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Crate free

Good boy Mambo!!!!

Frankie, take note please. You are 2-1/2 years old and still in your crate! :P

"Each is a creature of Earth and is entitled to reside on it with dignity"

YAY MAMBO!!! Way to go!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Di
    Di is offline Senior Member

Good job Mambo! Yep it is so nice when they grow-up, but I am starting miss that puppy smell! Sammi has also been out of her crate for awhile, we only use it when I need to vaccum, Sammi likes to attack the vaccum

Congratulations, Mambo! I remember the feeling with my first lab when we just knew we could trust her at home all day (I also remember the feeling of, "can we trust her home alone all day?" and finding out several times she wasn't ready!). Not too sure if I'll get there anytime too soon with Jonah, especially with 3 kids that leave out way too many toys and stuffed animals!

We too, kept the crate from my first lab. We finally gave it away 3 years ago, as my DH insisted we were NEVER going to get another dog, and it was taking up room in the garage. Guess what, we had to buy a new crate before bringing Jonah home! Keep that old one!

Oh we will keep it for sure. It folds up. So doesn't take up a lot of space. We tried once before with the crate free. All was good for a short period of time. We soon figured out it was way to early. But now he is doing great.

Also helps we walk him for almost 2 miles every morning before we leave..

How old is Mambo now??? I think he's around the same age as Denali...a year and a half almost two?

Denali needs to take notes too....not technically in his crate but in his "room"

Mambo is a year and 7 months now. Feels like he was a puppy just yesterday.

Good job Mambo!

saskasmum is offline Senior Member

Way to go Mambo, I remember the first time I left Saska out of her crate she was about the same age, I was really nervous but she has been great thank goodness, it really is a good feeling to know you can trust them

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast