Food : Amazing results in days!!
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Food : Amazing results in days!!

jzgrlduff is offline Senior Member

DefaultFood : Amazing results in days!!

I started the boys on the Purina One Natural Blends last Monday or Tuesday. I was a bit skeptical after what most people here said about the ingredients in the food. The positive results we've seen from just a couple of days is amazing. Most noticable, is their coats. The "bald" spots that Frankie had are filling in. He wasn't really bald, it was thin in certain areas like he was blowing coat (since May :-\). Both of their coats are soft and smooth. OK, I know labs aren't supposed to have soft & smooth coats, but I'm talking about the areas that are smooth to begin with. You know, on their sides, their necks, etc. Their backside and hindends are still "lablike", a bit wiry/rough. You know what I mean. I can't stop touching them. LOL My husband noticed right away and so did a friend of ours.

Frankie's bad ear is almost 100% clear. The tartar is 95% gone from their teeth. I mean it wasn't bad to begin with but still. Their gums look heathlier & pinker. And their energy levels! OMG. My 6-1/2 year old Tucker is like a 1 year old again. He was bolting around the couches yesterday like Frankie does. LOL! He also found a chapstick cap on the ground yesterday and brought it to me with the little devil in his eye again. I asked him what he had and he moved it to the tip of his lips so I could see it like "Ha ha Mom, look what I have!". He hasn't done that since he was probably 3.

"Each is a creature of Earth and is entitled to reside on it with dignity"

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Labs4life is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Food : Amazing results in days!!

Good for you (and Frankie and Tucker)! I hate the food search game! It's a pain in the butt!

I'm sticking with what I feed regardless of what everyone sez!
    The Constitution is suppose to guarantee everyone the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness, but the Constitution does not guarantee everyone equal outcomes.
    Some people are more talented, educated, thieving and dishonest than others.

Brigettas Mom is offline Senior Member

That's great! I'm glad you found something that works for both Frankie and Tucker. I had to go through the food thing with Prudence and Brigetta too...it's not fun. It's exciting when you find something that works and you start to see differences in them. When Prudence's hair started growing back, I was showing everyone. Of course no one was quite as excited as I was

Teresa, mom to Brigetta and Prudence

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

k8show is offline Senior Member

Sounds like this food might get Frankie into a bit of trouble w/ all that extra energy. Glad that they're feeling and looking great. ;D
    Katie and Boo

Sounds like this food might get Frankie into a bit of trouble w/ all that extra energy.
    I thought of that too. :-\

amazongold is offline Senior Member

That's terrific - so glad you found something that works for both the boys. Regardless of what anyone else's opinion is, if it works for your dog, then it's a good food!
    Jackie, Champ, and Buddy

I am really thinking about switching my dogs from Natural Balance. All of the boys have some random bald spots on them, and it seems like the food isn't doing what it did when I first started feeding it.

Plus, Natural Balance for 6 dogs is REALLY expensive. I feed 17 cups of food A DAY!! That's like 8.5 pounds of food a day which equates to, like, 1 40 pound bag of food every 5 days. OMG!! I spend $180 dollars a month on dog food.

I never figured that out before. Somethings gotta give. How much is that Purina One Natural? I used to feed Purina One and it did a good job, until I had to cut out the corn that is. (The cats still get Purina Cat Chow. LOL.)

Amy, that's wonderful!! I'm so glad it's working well for your boys!!

Regardless of what anyone else's opinion is, if it works for your dog, then it's a good food!
    Ditto that!!

Yikes Amanda, that's alot!!!!
    How much is that Purina One Natural?
    Ummm, I only bought the small bag so far to see how they would do on it. If I remember correctly, the
    20 pound bag was $22 I think at the grocery store. I think I paid $6 something for the small one. Or maybe it was $7. :-\ It's about the same as Nutro is here.

Quote Originally Posted by jzgrlduff
    Yikes Amanda, that's alot!!!!
    How much is that Purina One Natural?
    Ummm, I only bought the small bag so far to see how they would do on it. If I remember correctly, the
    20 pound bag was $22 I think at the grocery store. I think I paid $6 something for the small one. Or maybe it was $7. :-\ It's about the same as Nutro is here.
    I used to feed Nutro Ultra, but from what I remember, it was the same price as the Natural Balance. Maybe a few dollars cheaper. I have to figure out something.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast