Fleas!!! Help!!!

Thread: Fleas!!! Help!!!

DefaultFleas!!! Help!!!

There is a puppy in our house who has fleas. He has only been here for a couple of hours.

The vet will give him a pill tomorrow, and Marlan a drop treatment between his shoulder blades.

We have vaccuumed and cleaned. The dogs are quarantined in the kitchen.

Will the fleas spread to our house? If so, how quickly, and what do we do?

Where should puppy sleep tonight?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

momofalab is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Fleas!!! Help!!!

Can you bathe him? If so, Blue Dawn Dish Soap will take care of the fleas on him.

We've already bathed him twice, once with just dove and a little bit of dawn, the second time with just orange dawn (all we have in the house). We are still finding them crawling on him (although much slower then before). Do we have to keep bathing him until they stop? Or are they already dying? My bf is going crazy cleaning and vacuuming. Any other advice?

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

momofalab is offline Senior Member

I know when I worked for the vet, they swore by the Blue Dawn. It won't keep them off of him, just suppose to kill what is on him. Can you maybe comb him, and kill the remaining Fleas on him, can normally pinch them in half with your finger nails. God I hate Fleas! I feel your pain

If u have thick carpet, make sure u get this flea powder for them! I forget the name but it shouldn't be too hard to find at a pet store. Anyway just sprinkle on the carpet and let it sit for a few hrs or what the label says then vacuum it up. Course u can't walk on it while its down, but its a necessity. If the fleas managed to fall off the puppy then they will breed and spread very fast via the carpet, not only through pets but your shoes and pant legs, etc.

Make sure u contain them quick or you'll end up spending hundreds to have the house smoked which can take days not being able to live there!

Do you have a farm and garden store near you? If you are able to get some DE (diatomaceous earth), also called 'fossil flour' or 'insect dust' then you could powder both dogs with it. It is completely organic and it will kill the fleas within a day or so. You can also sprinkle it on their pedding, etc.

You can't use the DE that is used in pool filters because that is a different type of DE. This link will explain how it works and what it is:

http://www2.yardiac.com/long.asp?ite...1&promo=google

Good luck.

Jefferson'n'Ted is offline Senior Member

If your vacuum uses bags--CHANGE THEM!!! Otherwise they will hop out of the bag and spread back into your house.
    “If I know every single phone call you’ve made, I’m able to determine every single person you’ve talked to; I can get a pattern about your life that is very, very intrusive. And the real question here, is what do they do with this information that they collect – that does not have anything to do with al-Qaeda? And we’re gonna trust the president and the vice president that they’re doing the right thing? Don’t count me in on that.”
    Joe Biden, 2006