Fence{soon} and Landscape{Complete} Project for Toshi
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fence{soon} and Landscape{Complete} Project for Toshi

Toshi is offline Senior Member

DefaultFence{soon} and Landscape{Complete} Project for Toshi

Hi all, just wanted to share with everyone the project I'm working on for my Labrador ~ Toshi

I'll be updating this thread every day or so with new images of my project as I proceed! I'm guesstimating on this area to be like 20ft * 24ft give or take a few feet. Still working on the landscape before I get final measurements tallied!

Exterior view, where the fence and landscape renewal is being worked!

View from inside house!

All of this was covered in heavy bushes and vines, but I didn't get an image of before, but here after are 8 huge lawn bags of vines I pulled up by hand!

Here is some of the wood that I got for free from a construction site, about $1000 worth of high grade paneling. Yeah it used and primarily for indoors but u can't beat free!

This is all for a controlled, safe and shaded area for my Toshi when she wants outside alone, or if I have to go somewhere, etc! Because most of our backyard is forest and a small drainage creek that I know she'd play in and get all muddy and wet and of course tons of poison ivy. Both my arms are covered in poison ivy atm because I was being careless the other day pulling up all that ivy, didn't think about it!

Thanks for looking and I'll be sure to have more image soon!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

hifive is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Fence and Landscape Project for Toshi

Looks like a big project. Keep us posted. Have fun.
    PS: I used to have a neighbor named Toshi. ;D
    <br />To err is human: to forgive, canine

2 more for today, mosquitoes are out so will be quitting shortly!

All these red bricks I just dug up from a previous landscape and I'm re-using alot of them as an underground foundation!

EDIT: I am open to suggestions or advice if you see something odd, or there is a better way! I'm just winging it, cause well its more fun that way. I have a fair amount of experience doing stuff like this but every little bit helps!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Beachboys is offline Senior Member

Looks like a big project. I can't wait to see it completed. I love the name Toshi. Really is cute. Can't wait to see pics of the puppy.

Quote Originally Posted by Mambo
    Looks like a big project. I can't wait to see it completed. I love the name Toshi. Really is cute. Can't wait to see pics of the puppy.
    Plans have changed and I won't be getting Toshi until Sunday, but that gives me more time to try and get the mulch down so its not a mud pit out there!

Will have more pics soon, have gotten alot more done today!

Paddysmom is offline Senior Member

Is it going to be decked? Landscaped? I haven't quite got that worked out yet.

Seamus and Flynn

Quote Originally Posted by Paddysmom
    Is it going to be decked? Landscaped? I haven't quite got that worked out yet.
    Oh yeah, I'm currently digging up and reforming the old red-brick path that got covered with mud and vines over the years. I'm not using the red brink other than a base for newer bricks I obtained. Then after thats rebuilt, I can lay down the mulch and then finally start building a fence.

The fence is going to expand 8ft from the side of the house, then out into the yard and around the only closest tree in the 4th image, across the yard and then back up toward the house and along the concrete patio. Havn't officially measured it yet, but it looks to be around 24*20-24 feet. Need to get the landscape done first before I worry about the exact of the fence, but I'll post the info when I get it!

Alrighty, my back hurts so much from all the digging and hauling bricks today. I decided to dig up the old landscape bricks and doing so also allowed me to go a bit deeper so I can get the path lower then sliding doorway. This way rain can't collect and run into the house. I twas a major pain but I got it done, and now I'm using those old bricks to reform a base foundation with them!

Here are some images of what I've done so far today, before & after!

More to come later tonight if I get as far as I'm planning!

Linda1 is offline Senior Member

My back hurts just looking at all the work you did. I'm sure it will be worth it when you are done!

Brookville, Pa.

georgie is offline Senior Member

That is a big project. You must be exhausted. I can't wait to see the finished project.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast