Hotels...

Thread: Hotels...

DefaultHotels...

Assuming you take your dog(s) when you travel, where do you stay? And is there a reason you stay there above other hotels?

The last few years I've had to stay in hotels a lot. Including weeks at a time. Luckily during the long stays it was a small hotel my boss owned so it wasn't a hassle. Other then that I've used red roof inn quite a bit. Not the most fancy place, but the fact they take dogs got me hooked on them.

I went all out in Atlanta one night stayed at a residence inn suite. It cost $75 just for Pete to stay there. That was pretty extreme for a cleaning fee. For that kinda money he slept on the couch as much as he wanted.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

labby is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Hotels...

Red Roofs are usually good. I stay mostly at Red Roofs when I travel (if I can). Some Super 8's take dogs and some don't.

Laura

jzgrlduff is offline Senior Member

We take our boys every late spring and early fall to Long Beach Island, NJ, and stay at
    www.engleside.com. Same room each time - room 310. Its the best room and has to be booked at least 6 months in advance. Leaving in 2 weeks, can't wait!!

"Each is a creature of Earth and is entitled to reside on it with dignity"

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

BudGirl8 Guest

La Quinta is almost always a pet friendly hotel as well.

If we're in the States, we stay at Red Roof.

In Canada, several Delta hotels are pet-friendly!

Motel 6 is another one.

jzgrlduff is offline Senior Member

Most Comfort Inn/Quality Inns around here allow dogs.

"Each is a creature of Earth and is entitled to reside on it with dignity"

Red Roof when I can, but there are a few Holiday Inn Express that take dogs. The last once I stayed at made me stay in a smoking room on teh second floor. Not as convenient, but there was a whirlpool! And boy did I ever enjoy that!

I didn't expect red roofs to be mentioned so much! I guess many are like me and don't need anything too fancy. There is only one red roof that I tried that didn't take dogs and that was in gatlinburg, TN. Funny thing is we found a much nice place that took them. So I lift my leg on the owner of that red roof.

Labs4life is offline Senior Member

I found that hotels vary with regards to dogs. I generally call ahead to check on their policy. I've stayed at some very nice affordable independent hotels by searching using the pet friendly filter on most hotel search engines.

When I travel for business or without the dogs, I stay at Radisson,Country Inn and Suites and Baymonts. I find these changes generally clean and reasonably priced.
    The Constitution is suppose to guarantee everyone the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness, but the Constitution does not guarantee everyone equal outcomes.
    Some people are more talented, educated, thieving and dishonest than others.