The Listerine trick - anyone know ratio?

Thread: The Listerine trick - anyone know ratio?

lubmylabs is offline Senior Member

DefaultThe Listerine trick - anyone know ratio?

My dogs got into something at the park and they're a bit... on the nose at the moment. I'm supposed to give birth to a baby 3 days ago so I'm not really feeling up to bathing them and the only professional dog washer I can get a hold of can't do it until next Tuesday (and wants to charge me $70!! ) So I'm thinking to resort to the Listerine doggy-deodorant trick so that they don't stink my SIL's house out when they go there to stay while their baby brother/sister is born. I haven't tried it before though, so can some kind person please tell me the ratio of Listerine to water so I don't burn my poor puppies' skin off?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

pbc
    pbc is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: The Listerine trick - anyone know ratio?

50/50 water to mouthwash. You might be able to do 60/40 MW to water if it is really nasty. The mixture can be a little drying but if you are only going to do it to fix this problem it should be okay. I wouldn't use that strong a mixture several xs a week though. Or you might be able to use some massengil <spelling
    Guest poster - original forum July 2001. Member 2002. nbsc

lubmylabs is offline Senior Member

Thank you! Don't worry, I'm only going to use it the once - well, maybe once now and then once before we hop in the car to go to the hospital.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Do you have a neighbor kid that you can pay $20 to give your dog a bath? I have done that before as long as I can watch.

Good luck with the baby ;D

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

That is a geat suggestion about a neighbor kid. I have a 7 year old across the street that would bathe Hershey Kisses every day if I would let her. So for HK has only had one bath. It was admininstered by the yong girl. I thick it was more work for me than if I did it myself. Helping to mange he dog, and saving the little girl at the same time.
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

You would have to have a kid a little older than 7! Maybe at least 12 or older, but then again a kid that age would want more money. The kids that I have know have always been very happy to wash and play with my dogs.