Mutt breeds must be more popular than ever.

Thread: Mutt breeds must be more popular than ever.

Jeep274 is offline Senior Member

DefaultMutt breeds must be more popular than ever.

After the recent labradoodle posts and the occasional silver lab posts, I had to share these links with you guys. I was checking my gmail and two of the "sponsored links" on the side bar were:

http://www.springvillelabradoodles.com/index.html

and

http://www.mallardlanelab.com/

Labradoodles for $1800 to $3000! They are in the 30lb range full grown too. :

Mallard Lane claims to have been breeding "quality AKC registered Chocolate, Silver and Black labs since 1977." How do you register a silver lab with the AKC? :

I can see how people not in the loop could fall into these things, as both sites look professional and promote their membership to "breed" associations, etc. I'm surprised the AKC doesn't challenge Mallard Lane on their claim of silver labs. I can only imagine how frustrating these breeders must be to reputable breeders.

This forum really needs a "shaking head in disgust" smiley.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Trickster is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Mutt breeds must be more popular than ever.

Urgh. Both those websites make me sick. The female Labs on the Mallard Lane website couldn't be more back yard bred looking if they tried. >

Quote Originally Posted by Trickster
    Urgh. Both those websites make me sick. The female Labs on the Mallard Lane website couldn't be more back yard bred looking if they tried. >
    Yeah they don't look very happy....what a poor image choice. Even a good image u could tell something was amiss.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Mallard Lane claims to have been breeding "quality AKC registered Chocolate, Silver and Black labs since 1977." How do you register a silver lab with the AKC?
    Often they are registered as Chocolate labs :
    Disturbing indeed.

Our dogs love to carry something in their mouths all the time; a ball, a toy or their favorite stick, staying close by you in case you are in the mood to play.
    Boy, that sure makes those Labs special. I bet they charge extra for that trait. I wonder how many generations it took to produce a Lab that liked to carry things in its mouth and play? ;D

Jeep274 is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by bacatherine
    Mallard Lane claims to have been breeding "quality AKC registered Chocolate, Silver and Black labs since 1977." How do you register a silver lab with the AKC?
    Often they are registered as Chocolate labs :
    Disturbing indeed.
    I would be pissed if I paid a $400 premium for an AKC silver lab and found out it was actually registered chocolate since there is no silver lab. Do you believe they are charging $500 for a limited reg. chocolate, and $900 for the silvers? Talk about a scam. :

Quoted from Springville Labradoodles---ANNIE AND MAESTRO HAD A WORLD RECORD SETTING 29 PUPPIES TOGETHER IN 2006. THE FIRST LITTER WAS 13 PUPPIES IN MAY 06 AND THE SECOND LITTER WAS 16 PUPPIES IN DEC. 2006. ANNIE'S NEXT LITTER DUE APPROX JAN OR FEB 2008 WILL BE HER LAST LITTER. SHE WILL BE SPAYED AND ENJOYED AS A PET. THESE HUGE LITTERS ARE HARD ON HER AND US ALSO. SHE DESERVES HER REST EVEN THOUGH SHE WILL ONLY BE 3 YEARS OLD SHE HAS DONE HER SHARE TO SUPPLY LABRADOODLE PUPPIES.

All I can say is WTF???? 2 litters in one year, another litter early 2008 and she will only be 3? So when did she have her first litter? Ok I need to go now, I am really irritated......Have a great day everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Dukesdad
    Our dogs love to carry something in their mouths all the time; a ball, a toy or their favorite stick, staying close by you in case you are in the mood to play.
    Boy, that sure makes those Labs special. I bet they charge extra for that trait. I wonder how many generations it took to produce a Lab that liked to carry things in its mouth and play? ;D
    LOL Dukesdad! I hope I can find one of those too!

lubmylabs is offline Senior Member

And they are selling puppies for pets on full registration. :