Puppy name?

View Poll Results: What puppy name do you like the most?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Toshi

23 82.14%
  • Janika

5 17.86%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Puppy name?

DefaultPuppy name?

So I'm having trouble deciding on a name for my female puppy I'm getting this Saturday. I've been scouring websites of popular names so I don't pick one of those, and have been coming up with a few rare ones! Odd, but I've been kinda walking around the house and when alone calling out the names I've been interested in too see which sounds what I'd like to say for the next 10+ yrs. See what I like and sounds good, and of course is unique!

Janika has been a fav name of mine for awhile now, but I've used it alot in MMO's and not sure if I'm worn out on it yet! {made my screen-name that thinking I was gonna use it, but still not sure.}
    Recently I've been watching this new show Torchwood from Europe and one of the main female's name is Toshiko...{a bit longer than I like, so I shortened it too Toshi and tried that for past day and it sounds really good and unique}

I'm stumped on these 2, and can't decide as I like them both.....course Toshi is quite unique/exotic.

So what does everyone here like most? Not saying I'm gonna use what is chosen, but it might help sway my decision! Poll will run for 2 days then I'll make my decision and have the tags ready for Sat.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Tatyana is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Puppy name?

I like Toshi better because it's shorter. It's harder to say a three syllable name, but definitely not impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by Tatyana
    I like Toshi better because it's shorter. It's harder to say a three syllable name, but definitely not impossible.
    Ditto - Toshi seems easier to say, especially when trying to get the dogs attention (Janika seems hard to say in a commanding tone, or loudly if you're trying to call across a field or park...)

Both cute names, though.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

mitziandjudysmom is offline Senior Member

Toshi!

TobysTrix is offline Senior Member

I really like the name Janika, too, but Toshi sounds more like a lab to me. I might name a cat Janika. Don't know why.
    Toby and Chamois say: GO STEELERS!
    [[IMG][/IMG]

Trickster is offline Senior Member

Ditto to what everyone else has said. Janika is a bit of a mouthfull from a syllable perspective.

PS: If you like Torchwood, you should watch Doctor Who. In case you didn't know, Torchwood is a spinoff from Doctor Who.

Dani is offline Senior Member

I am a fan of waiting to get the puppy and letting their personality name themselves.
    Dani, Rider & Rookie
    SHR Watson's Safari Rider, JH, WC, CL1-R, RA, CGC, TDI
    SHR Endeavor Put Me In Coach, RN, WC, CGC

Member Since 6/2003

Vote for Toshi here too.

Both names are great, but I had to vote for Janika for obvious reasons.
    We picked Jenica as a name when our little girl came home over four years ago, and we are still very happy with it. Since it is a little bit unusual we found that it is a name that could fit to a lot of personalities. To call her we mostly use Jenica and sometimes Jeni (or any of the other names she listens to).

Quote Originally Posted by Tatyana
    Quote Originally Posted by tricialeigh4jc
    Ditto - Toshi seems easier to say, especially when trying to get the dogs attention (Janika seems hard to say in a commanding tone, or loudly if you're trying to call across a field or park...)
    Quote Originally Posted by TobysTrix
    Toshi sounds more like a lab to me. I might name a cat Janika. Don't know why.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trickster
    Ditto to what everyone else has said. Janika is a bit of a mouthfull from a syllable perspective.

PS: If you like Torchwood, you should watch Doctor Who. In case you didn't know, Torchwood is a spinoff from Doctor Who.
    Yup, also a fan of Doctor Who...awaiting Torchwood season 2 coming soon to BBC Two this fall!

Wow, Toshi is well recieved thus far. You all make quite a few points that make it a much better name not only to say but sound and easier to use.

Quote Originally Posted by Dani
    I am a fan of waiting to get the puppy and letting their personality name themselves.
    Well Dani, from the day I visited to pick her out, she was extra hyper-active. Very friendly, wouldn't stop licking/biting me, and after I set her down proceeded to pull on my strings, and rear tab of my shoes. Pawing at my legs to be petted/picked up, and just loved being held like a baby in my arms, having her tummy rubbed with her head cocked back in an "Aaaaahhhhhh Yeeeeaaaahhh" look!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast